Chapter 25: The Duke in Distress

The grand ball for the last day of His Majesty the King's birthday celebration finally ended.

The mysterious Mistress Allieah of the Blue Ray Wizard Tower and her company had already left after witnessing the recognition of His Grace The Duke of Kargaz, Calex Hexon Tygart. His Majesty the King also left after conducting the recognition.

It was just that, the recognition only happened half an hour before the ball ended, specifically, before midnight.

No one knew the reason behind the king's action and no one wasn't suspicious about it - no one except the duke himself, the king's closest allies, and of course, the wizards from the tower.

Tonight was in fact, a crucial night for the Duke of Kargaz. For some reason, the duke needed to leave the ball before midnight, or else, something might happen.

And yet, the king held onto him and obviously took the duke's precious time to keep him from leaving. This went on until the mysterious and alluring Mistress of the Blue Ray Tower boldly expressed her impatience towards the long waiting.

Given the power of the Blue Ray Wizard Tower and the status of its mistress, His Majesty the King could only let go and proceed to the recognition ceremony just not to provoke the wizards.

Thus, Duke Calex was still able to leave the ball a few minutes before the midnight came.

When Duke Calex finally left the ball, his thoughts came back to how the mistress of the tower somehow intercepted the king's despicable plan of keeping him from leaving.

Duke Calex was uncertain whether the mistress of the tower had done it purely based on her impatience and own interest or whether the mistress did it just to help him.

For some reason, the duke himself was thinking that it was most likely the latter. His sharp intuition and rationality was telling him that Mistress Allieah somehow knew his situation.

After all, Duke Calex knew the open secret that the powerful and mighty Blue Ray Tower was the one behind the very capable information agency hidden within Blue Blossom Boutique. Hence, it was no wonder that the mistress of the tower itself got ahold of some of his deeply hidden information.

But, why help me?
Duke Calex asked as he clutched the teleportation stone in his hand. He was currently at the back forest just near where the grand ball was located.

Looking at the stone, Duke Calex tossed his current thoughts at the back of his mind. He has no time to entertain any unnecessary things, as long as it won't hinder him and his plans, nothing else matters.

For now, all he has to do was to successfully leave the Royal City.

"Teleport," Duke Calex's low and deep voice sounded as he activated the stone.

White rays of light flashed and the duke was gone from his previous spot.

Unbeknownst to the duke, there were three figure quietly following him on his way to the back forest. And even until the duke left, they were just lurking behind the shadows.

At the Greya Forest.

The forest that was located outside the southern side of Duchy of Kargaz of North. This forest was known as the the most unpredictable place in the entire kingdom of Hartize. This was also the reason why the duchy, under the sovereignty of Duke Calex, never created a road and a clear path on this side so as to keep the people from traversing to this side whenever possible.

Only a few courageous one, some merchants, mercenaries, and even wizards who were seeking thrill, experience, and rare herbal plants could be seen going to this forest.