Chapter 54: The Meeting

The afternoon finally ended with the princess going back with a darkened face and a gloomy mood.

Never had she imagined that the room that she always wanted to enter had a change of its name.

What a ridiculous timing and situation it was.

She only had two reasons to choose from what to believe. It was either the duchess was telling the truth about its name being changed even before she arrived at the capital and it was the duke who changed it. And the other one was, well, that the duchess was simply fooling her.

However, Princess Avaria knew that if it was the latter, it could mean a whole lot of things, especially, the relationship between the duke and the duchess.

And the princess, in her ridiculous and ruthless mind, there was no doubt that she believed the first explanation. Because the thought of the duke and duchess being in a harmonious or amicable relationship was ridiculous enough for her to even think about.

Thus, she had to believe the rational one.

However, believing the rational reason was far from the truth.

And the truth was that the princess had been truly played the fool by the duchess.

She had no idea that the second thought that she deemed as ridiculous was actually the one closest to the truth.

Well, the duke and the duchess might not be particularly in a harmonious and amicable relationship, but it was currently civil enough and undeniably, sparks were present. Besides, it was clear that the duke had put emphasis on all his subordinates to respect and obey the duchess just as his equal. Thus explained how the duchess could do everything she wanted. As long as it was not against the duke's wishes.

A few days passed by in just a blink of an eye.

Princess Avaria didn't care to come back but she only sent packages of the expensive flower tea for Atallie to enjoy in her stay at the capital.

The princess particularly noted that it should be enjoyed at any time of the day. And should the tea run out, the duchess must not hesitate to inform her for she would send another package so that the duchess would have all her time to enjoy the special flower tea.

In any case, it was what Atallie had been doing lately.

For her entire stay, she had been enjoying the tea every after meal, together with the few ladies around her.

Besides having the time of her life at the estate while doing her rightful duty as the duchess, Atallie was also able to mingle with a few of the higher noble ladies who sent her invitations for some tea party.

All in all, Atallie had fun in the capital.

And while she was wrapping yet another accomplished day, a frantic Laura came rushing in without even a knock.

Goodness!

Atallie nearly jumped in shock.

"Laura, what is this all about?" she asked.

"Oh no, Madame, l-let me just take a few breaths first…hoo…hoo…" Laura was panting as she was clutching an envelope in her hands.

Atallie saw it and asked, "Is that a letter in your hand?"

"Ah yes! Yes! Take it, take it!" Laura was still panting and trying to catch her breath. She just shoved the envelope onto Atallie's hand.

The seemingly careless and ridiculous behavior of Laura was no longer a surprise for Atallie.