Chapter 50: Journey To The Capital

Before the break of the dawn, Atallie and the entourage were already on the road to travel toward the Royal City.

Although teleportation was used for ease of transportation, and there were even teleportation sites at some city points within the Hartize Kingdom, coming from the farthest Kargaz of the North could not easily be traversed by using teleportation.

A special teleportation stone infused with a great amount of magical energy was needed in order to travel a long distance from one place to another.

It was known that only the Duke of Kargaz of the North was one of the few people who had such a special teleportation stone that was considered priceless. Thus, Duchess Atallie could not possibly have the same special teleportation stone nor the duke could have possibly let her borrow it, especially if the duke himself was not aware of such social plans of the duchess.

Hence, Atallie and her entourage could only set forth earlier and let the carriage arrive at the nearest teleportation site to continue their journey towards the Royal City. But this journey alone to get out from the Kargaz of North and to arrive at the nearest teleportation site would be a week on average, without any delay and without any weather challenges along the journey.

And because they were traveling by carriage, the entire entourage had to stop by several cities to let the horses rest and replenish their needs. Every night, Atallie and everyone also had to sleep in an inn to spend the night over. But of course, their lodgings and everything were already arranged ahead of time.

Meticulously, carefully, and extravagantly arranged for all of them.

Everything was already arranged by the grace of none other than the only and dearest princess in the kingdom - Her Royal Highness Princess Marbella. The tea party invitation was from her. And when she knew that the duke was currently preoccupied with official business, with her good heart, she had sent one of her 'precious and official carriage' to personally fetch Atallie from the estate.

And yes, along with the Duke's Knights, there were also several of Her Royal Highness's personal knights.  Thus, one could only imagine how great the fanfare that the carriage and the knights caused as they all traveled towards the Royal City.

And of course, Atallie could not just possibly reject Princess Marbella's goodwill, though it was obviously too much, for she didn't want to cause any misunderstanding from the situation.

This was also the reason why Leonor could only sigh in resignation and wish that Atallie and everyone would be alright. After all, they could not do anything about Her Royal Highness's 'good will'.

Hence, from day one up to the last day before they arrive at Aripan City, the nearest city from the North, which was a teleportation site, Atallie and the rest had a smooth and well experience.

The seventh day of their journey arrived and they were finally about to reach Aripan City.

It was past midnight when they arrived at the border outside of the Aripan City which was a thick and dense forest.

It was a dark night without any moon or stars above. Only the flickering fire on several torches the knights were carrying around were the only source to lighten up their paths.

The air was cold yet still and quiet. Only the sounds of the crickets and cicadas could be heard, and a few small game animals which passed by from time to time.

The city gate of Aripan was just ahead of them. It was not too far yet it was not close enough for them as well.

A while ago, before they even left from the previous city, when it was before dusk, the knights suggested, even Lila and Lizbeth, that they should stay at the city and just continue the journey the next day.