Part 18

Quick ty for all the love for the story, I sometimes worry that I make the story go too slow or too quickly but the support is really reassuring.

Triggers:
Screaming/yelling
Fighting

Third person pov:
George was the last one to arrive downstairs, Dream had left a little while ago to get water but clearly took a detour hearing his and sapnaps voice echoing up stairs from the kitchen.

The brunette removed his headphones and placed them on the desk before getting up from his seat to go and investigate.
As he walked down the stairs he heard their voices volume increase, but not just because he was getting closer.
"Dude I don't know why you would say that!"
"I don't know either man, I swear I didn't mean it dude!" He heard the voices yell.
'What the hell are they yelling about?' The brunette questioned.

George leaned further to listen without getting spotted, trying to find out what the hell was going on.
"I'm fucking sorry, man, okay??" Sapnap cried.
"Yeah you should be sorry." Dream spat.
"Dude, I'm serious! I would never say that on purpose! I swear!" He sounded so sad, George wanted to intercept and stop Dream from yelling at the poor boy who clearly didn't do anything wrong, but he felt a hand on his shoulder.
He turned to see Karl, he had a sympathetic smile on his face when he spoke, "come. Me and Quackity need some help with a math problem." He lied, sheepishly smiling.

George didn't protest, not wanting to disappoint the boy by ditching him for snooping on his housemates.
Karl guided him back to Karl and Quackity's currently shared room, recently they've all been hanging out in Karl's but sleeping in Sapnaps, Quackity's stuff was in Karl's too.

"So what's the problem?" George huffed, Karl closed the door and played some music to drown out the sound of yelling knowing that Quackity wasn't too fond of it.

"Well." He started, thinking of a buyable lie, "you see, Quackity and I-"
"Karl says 512 take away 45 is 467 but I disagree." He quickly interjected, emphasising the 'I', saving Karl from his struggle to make up a good lie.

"What?" George deadpanned, "why don't you just use a calculator?"

"Because clearly we are fucking stupid, George!" He flung his arms up in the air, "now riddle me this, is it or is it not 212."

"Where in the actual living fucking hell did you actually get 212 from?" George asked, dumbfounded.

Karl sat on the bed and shrugged, "clearly not a calculator."

"Shut up I'm right and you know it!" Quackity joked, trying to buy them more time to distract George.

"Aren't you supposed to be studying law?? I'm pretty sure lawyers are supposed to be smart enough to know that 512 take away 45 is DEFINITELY not 212!" Karl insulted.

Quackity gasped, "low blow, Karlos. Low blow."

"George tell him he's wrong." Karl ordered, receiving no response, they both looked at where George once stood.
Revealing an open door.
They didn't hear him leave because the music blocked the door sound.
"Shit" they both cussed in sync.

George had escaped the room not long after they started squabbling, no longer interested. He couldn't stop thinking about the fight, even more invested knowing that it was clearly serious, the more he thought he more intrigued he became.

He crept down the stairs again, he carefully peered around the corner, he saw Sapnap stood  infront of Dream. The brunette looked as though he was on the edge of breaking down, clear signs of tears in his face.
And dream?
Dream looked pissed.
George had never seen Dream look so angry, he had never seen him look hostile towards anyone for the many years he had known him.
It was actually kind of scary, even though it wasn't directed at him, he still felt extremely intimidated, frozen in his steps.
He couldn't tear his eyes away from their clearly private interaction.

"I swear, Dream please, I would never say that on purpose and you know that!" He protested.
Dream scoffed at this, "then why the fuck did you say it then?"

'Say what?'

"I don't know! I was trying to explain it to Quackity and my brain just messed up and it slipped out I swear!" He cried.
George felt really bad for Sapnap, the dude looked like he might actually cry, not even Karl and Quackity had seen him cry before.
He wanted to interject, but this was clearly a private matter, he was completely unaware of the situation.

"Ohhh so your placing the blame on your partner now? That's pretty fucking pathetic Sapnap." Dream growled, folding his arms.

"Dude, what the hell! I'm just trying to explain to you what happened!" Sapnap choked, hearing the sobs trying to escape, but holding back.
George spotted his shaky hands that he was trying to hard to hide, he knows just how much Sapnap hated being seen as a weak person.

"I know what happened! I was there!" Dream retaliated.

"Dream, you know I didn't mean it right? You don't really think... you don't actually..." he reached for Dream, as if about to place a hand on his shoulder or console him in some way.
Dream slapped him hand away with a glare, his stare clearly shocking Sapnap, they both just stayed silent, Dream didn't respond, indicating he either didn't know the answer to his question, or couldn't bare to say it.

"Dream...?" He received no reaction from the dirty blonde, "Dream please, don't do this, man." His arms started shaking as much as his hands were, he tucked his hands under his arms like muscle memory, trying his to hide his emotions.

George continued to listen in, he couldn't figure out what they were fighting about. Or what they could ever fight about, they were always so close, what the hell happened?

He didn't hear sound of people running out the room behind him as those words left Dreams mouth.
"Don't ever fucking use the wrong pronouns for him agai-"
"ALRIGHT FOLKS THATS ENOUGH!" Quackity interjected, running into the room.

Both boys jumped at the unexpected voice, they both looked at the boy confused by his entrance.

Until they both looked behind him and saw Karl, he was standing on the stairs by the boy in front of him, whispering words of reassurance to him and rubbing his back.
George.
It was George.
The brunette was stood there, wide eyed at Dreams words, confused and conflicted.
'Were they talking... about me?' He thought, that thought spiralled to thousands more.

Sapnap just stared back, just making eye contact with the boy he felt so much guilt towards broke those walls he tried to hard to keep up, he could feel the tears starting to overflow.
"Sapnap-" he walked away from the noirette that tried to console him, immediately exiting the house. Quackity and Karl shared a glance before the shorter ran after him, leaving Karl to take care of things in the house.

George was distraught. Unsure what to believe, what to think, he wasn't even sure why he was crying.
Maybe it was because of the fact his best friend and now boyfriend were just fighting, looking as if on the brink of a physical one.

He never expected this, what did Dream mean? Did Sapnap misgender me? No. No surely not on purpose right? He would never. He wouldn't. He couldn't.

Haha cry losers <3