Part 41

Beep beep
🐱🚗💨
Hah
Anyway-

Third person:
George walked home as quickly and cautiously as possible, "George! I was just about to call you!" Dream stated.
"Huh? Why? Everything okay?"
"George you were gone for almost 2 hours!" He informed, "the walk their and back is only like 40-50 minutes." He frowned.
"Sorry, I got caught up with some stuff" he lied.

Dream sighed, "it's alright. Im sorry, I was just so worried." He pouted.
"Don't worry, it was actually kind of nice." He lied again.
"So, did you meet her?" He grinned.
"Who? Amaranth? She's lovely."
Dream faked a gasp, "first name basis??" He joked.
"Actually, her first name is Paeonia."
"Wow George, that explains the extra hour you disappeared for."
George rolled his eyes playfully, "she's super nice, I didn't know she actually owned the store, I thought she just worked there."
"Mhm, yep, pretty sure her it used to be a flower shop of sorts" he replied.

"Oh really? That makes sense." George hummed.
"How so?"
"Because she looks like she would be into flowers and stuff, her last name literally means pink flower."
"And she dresses very cottage core style" Dream added.
"Doesn't she though?!" George gasped.

They talked about Amaranth for a while before the topic was changed.
"So how was the walk there? Did you go through the woods?" He questioned.
George froze at the topic, a shiver ran up his spine at the memory of those disgusting guys that wouldn't leave him alone, "yeah... yeah it was really nice. I enjoyed it." He lied.
Well it wasn't a total lie, he enjoyed the first half with the quiet road and the woodland. It was just the park and the journey back that he hated.

"That's great, I thought you might like it." He stated, "there's more than just that trail, you know? It's actually a petty big section of woodland."
"Oh, that's cool. I thought it was just that little bit, it didn't look like there was anymore paths."
"There is a hidden one that branches out all over the place, it's really cool. I'll show you next time." He smiled.

Dreams smile always had a strange affect on George, his heart always seemed to skip a beat or speed up whenever he genuinely smiled at him. It was such a cute smile.
He wanted to always see that smile.

But remembering all those things those guys had said to him, had hidden that affect, their voices rang in his mind.
He shouldn't let it get to him.
He didn't want it to.
But the words they used, 'girl' 'she' 'woman'
The way they looked at him.
The way they treated him.
Disgusting.

He felt so weak, he felt pathetic, he should've done more than just run.
He basically broke down in the middle of a store.
Thank god Amaranth was the angel that she is and helped him.
But those words that they said stayed in his mind.

What the hell was he doing wrong?
Why can't he ever just be himself without people judging?
Why couldn't he just be normal?
Why couldn't he just be born in the right body?

"George? You alright?" Dream asked, he noticed how George had spaced out and his whole expression had changed from one of happiness, to one of sadness and anger.
"Hm?" He hummed, "yeah all good!" He put his smile back on, "I'm gunna go upstairs for a bit. I'll be back later." He announced, he grabbed his things and went upstairs.

Dream knew that something was up. But he didn't want to push it.
Maybe he should've done.