Part 36

Ayo I haven't posted yet today???
Sorry yall.
I'm here now.

(Almost a week later or somin idk)

Third person:
Dream was the first to wake up, just as planned. He carefully crawled out of bed so not to wake the sleeping brunette.
Recently George's dysphoria has been a lot calmer, so he was feeling more comfortable and less self conscious, he seemed to be in a really good mood.
Dream decided to take his to his advantage.
He got changed and scurried down the stairs to get ready for the day he had planned.

George woke up not long later to his alarm he had made the night before for 10:30, unfortunately today was once again that time, every four-five weeks he set the exact same alarm for the exact same routine.
Shot day.
He groaned and stumbled out of bed, half asleep he gathered the things he needed and made his way to the bathroom where he always felt more secure doing his shots.
He yawned as he prepped the needle, he knew he needed to just get it over and done with since Dream told him he wanted to take him somewhere today.
He flinched at the pinching feeling of the metal piercing his skin, he carefully injected the testosterone and did the after care before taking the equipment back to the room and getting changed.

After he was ready, he went down stairs and was greeted with a beaming Dream holding a small rucksack. "You ready?" He questioned.
George chuckled slightly in surprise, "yeah sure, where are we going?" He asked.
"That's a surprise." He grinned, he grabbed George's hand and led him out the door, "I promise you'll love it." He stated as he locked the door.
The two walked over to Dreams car, and got inside.
He started the car and they drove off.

Around an hour later of George asking questions about the destination and receiving no helpful answers, he felt his stomach ache a little, he subconsciously started to rub the area he took the shot in and Dream noticed this, "you alright?" He asked.
"Yeah, just shot day." He replied.
Dream hummed, keeping his attention on the road, "is it okay to be like... not moving around after taking a shot and stuff?" He questioned.
"Oh, I should be fine" he stated, "how long will the drive be?"
"Around 3 hours I think, sorry it's a little far, but I promise the end result is amazing!" He grinned.
"You're really doing a good job at giving me zero hints" George pouted.
Dream laughed at his words, "yup!" He beamed, "there's food in the bag I brought by the way, just some breakfast whenever you're hungry." He gestured behind him to the bag in the back seat George had earlier seen him holding in the kitchen.
"Ooooooooo thank you" he smiled.
"No problem"

The rest of the journey was actually really fun, it was only the start of the day and they were already having a lot of fun even if they were just chatting.

Around three hours later they had apparently arrived, it was now around 2-ish.
George looked out the front windows at his surroundings, it was just an empty car park next to the road, all around them was just trees, they were in the middle of nowhere.
"Where the hell are we?" George laughed as Dream climbed out of the car.
"Close" he vaguely answered.
George rolled his eyes and got out the car, following Dream to the trunk.
He opened it and pulled out two large backpacks, George did the mental math in his head, "no." He stated at Dream wide eyed, "you did not bring me out here for like hiking or something." He wheezed.

"Nono of course not!" Dream laughed, he paused, "well... yes and no." He corrected, "but it's what's at the end that counts!" He added.

George laughed, "alright alright" he put the large backpack on, "what's in these anyway? It's surprisingly light?" He questioned.

"Just some things we will need later, it's a surprise." He pulled his own backpack on, "plus I made sure to make yours lighter than mine."
"What?? Why??" George yelled, "now I feel bad, let's switch!" He joked, half serious.
"Nope." Dream denied, "I know you aren't supposed to do a lot of exercise and stuff in a binder anyway, I wouldn't want to add a heavy bag to a couple hours of hiking." He smiled.
George could have died right there, he couldn't believe someone so kind could exist, his smile should be illegal.
"Thanks" he muttered, still feeling bad.
"Let's go!" Dream first pumped the air as he clicked the button on his keys that locked his car, they both giggled before heading towards a small gap in the trees.

It was almost immediately clear to George that they were not following a public footpath of the forest, making their way through trees and sometimes opening in bushes, it didn't seem like the way they were going was walked along by many people, or any really.
But Dream somehow knew exactly where to go, how many times the other had been here George didn't know, but he followed him, putting all of his trust in the taller as he lead the way up the sloped forest.

Dream was exited to show George what he had planned, eager for him to see where the journey lead. He had been there before a while ago but somehow remembered exactly where to go like muscle memory.
They continued to climb, taking some water and food breaks along with the occasional couple of minutes that they stopped to admire some of the wildlife they spotted.
He was sure George had noticed that this wasn't a public footpath and that he was kind of just guessing where to actually walk, but he knew where he was going and how to end up there, it just took time. The place wasn't exactly well known, almost nobody really went there because actually, there was no public footpath on this side of the forest.

It was almost 5 hours later when they managed to find the place where they needed to go, Dream made sure they took their time getting there as there was no rush.
And it was key for the reveal.

Through the trees you could already make it out, a beautiful view of distant sky and trees, the light from the houses glowed and gave the sky around them a yellow hue.
It was a small clearing by the edge of the cliff, they weren't even at the top of the forest yet but they didn't need to be for it to be high and beautiful.
Dream set down his bag and took George's, he opened them and took out some blankets, placing them on the ground a few meters away from the edge.
It was around 5 maybe 6 o'clock now, so the sun was already starting to set.
Perfect timing.

The sky was starting to turn a pink hue, it was gorgeous. Dream had packed a selection of foods as a small picnic of sorts, George was speechless, this wasn't at all what he was expecting.
He stated in awe at the waves of colours in the distance, scanning the rocks of the cliff edges around the sides then trailing his gaze further towards the city and then back up at the sky.
"Wow"

"I know it's kind of cliche," Dream defended, "but I found this place a while back and always wanted to take you some day." He smiled.

"You're right, it is kind of cliche. Picnic and a sunset." George chuckled, "the movies make it look so cheesy," he added, "but this? This is beautiful, Dream." He complimented, "thank you."

"I'm glad you like it, I knew you would." He smirked proudly.

The two ate the food he had packed and continued to talk about random things, stories, experiences, jokes, things they had heard, basically everything that managed to come up.
They watched as the sun slowly disappeared behind the city of lights, along with the multiple colours that blended in the sky.
Dream remembered another thing he had prepared, reaching for a small box close to him he flipped the switch, the many strings of fairy lights that tangled around trees and branches of bushes around and above them lit up, exiting the already bewildered brunette.

Not long after, Dream pulled a popup tent out of his bag, they were going to retrace their steps back to the car but it was going to take too long and it was dangerous in the dark even with flashlights, so he brought it just incase. They filled it with the blankets and almost immediately fell asleep in eachothers arms, hoping it wouldn't get too cold or rain that night.

It was the perfect first date, it couldn't have gone better.