Chapter 1- And Then There Were Ten

It was just a normal day, my best friend Ben Tennyson and I were sitting at our desks, waiting for the school year to end and the summer to begin. Ben was busy folding a piece of paper into a paper airplane. Then he threw it at our teacher, Mrs. Morrison. When she felt something hit the back of her head, she turned around. Ben hid his face in his book so she wouldn't notice him.

~💚~

~💚~

Ben and I were waiting patiently for the bell to ring. Indicating the end of the school year. "Come on, come on." I heard him whisper from behind me. "And I just want to remind you all that I will be teaching summer school this year and it's not too late to sign up." Mrs. Morrison said. I giggled and whispered, "yeah, right" under my breath just like Ben.

~💚~

Finally, after waiting forever; the bell rang. "Yes! Out of here!" Ben and I exclaimed. "Everyone, have a good vacation and I hope to see you all again in the fall." Mrs. Morrison said. Ben and I were about to leave the room when I heard her speak again. "Benjamin, could I have a word with you before you go?" She asked while holding up the paper airplane.

~💚~

Ben and I went back to her desk. "Mrs. Morrison, Ben and I actually have to get going. Our parents are waiting for us and they hate it when we're late for something important," I said. She looked at me but didn't say anything. Mrs. Morrison sighed, "All right, you two. Go on." We hurried out of the room. When Ben and I were far enough away, we started to laugh.

~💚~

"I can't believe that worked. I thought for sure that she would catch on," I said. Ben laughed, "I know right? Come on, Paige. We got to go. Grandpa's probably waiting for us." I nodded and we continued to walk towards the exit.

~💚~

As Ben and I got to the bottom of the school steps, we could see the school bullies; Cash and J.T. They were intimidating a boy with black hair and glasses. "Normally, we'd take your money and beat you up but since it's the last day of school, we're going to give you a break. Now, fork over the cash so we can get out of here." Ben was looking on at the scene with anger.

~💚~

"Stay here princess." He whispered in my ear. Princess is the nickname Ben gave me when we were young. He walked over to the three boys and said, "Leave him alone." I watched as Ben stood there with a definite look on his face. I just hoped that Cash and J.T wouldn't hurt him too bad. "Get lost, shrimp." J.T. taunted Ben.

~💚~

Ben stood his ground. "I said back off." Cash and J.T smiled at each other. "Looks like we've got us a hero. Suppose we don't want to back off." Cash continued to taunt as he and J T. stalked towards Ben. "What are you going to do about it, Tennyson?" J.T. asked him. Ben yelled and charged at both bullies. From the start, I knew that things weren't going to go well.

~💚~

The next thing I know, Ben and the boy with glasses were stuck on a tree branch; hung by their underwear. I thought about using my magic but my mom Emma Swan and Ben's grandpa Max told me never to use my abilities around people who didn't know about them. I wish that I could tell Ben but I'm afraid that if I tell him, he'll leave me. Then I'd be all alone.