Chapter 43- Big Fat Alien Wedding

We were in the Rust Bucket and Max was trying to get Ben into a tuxedo. The tuxedo was a family heirloom. It has been worn by Max, Ben's father and now, Ben himself. I couldn't wait to see how handsome he was going to look. My dress for the wedding was going to be a surprise. Max got it for me a few days ago.

~💚~

"Don't think I can this much longer," Ben said. "Just hold on. Almost there," Max said. "Can't... breathe." "Ben, don't give up on me now," he said. "Got to get out of here. Going hero." Ben said as he reached for the Omnitrix. "No, you're not. Save the drama, will you, please? I just need to make sure this tux fits."

~💚~

I looked at my love and I could tell that he was having difficulty breathing. "Better lessen that bow tie, Grandpa. Ben's brain needs all the oxygen it can get." She said. Not impressed with Gwen's comment, I slapped her arm. "The only thing worse than going to a stupid, old, boring wedding is being in a stupid, old, boring wedding. Why can't they find someone else to be the ring bearer?" He said.

~💚~

"It's only for one weekend. You'll live." "I'm glad we're here. I can't wait to see you and Ben walk down the aisle together, Paige. It'll kind of be foreshadowing for when you're 19." I blushed and looked at Ben. He winked at me and that made me blush even more. "This tuxedo is a family heirloom. It was mine when I was a kid. Then your dad wore it, and now you," Max said.

~💚~

"Oh, lucky me." He said, sarcastically. "Just be careful with it, please." "I'll make sure he's careful with it, Max. I promise," I said. He sent me a grateful smile. "Smile and say megadweeb." Gwen said as she took a picture. "Noooo!" He screamed, looking at it in horror.

~💚~

~💚~

It was such a gorgeous day out. The weather was absolutely perfect. "Ugh, look at this dump. Makes you want to hurl, doesn't it?" "I think it's beautiful. It looks like a perfect location for our wedding, Benji." I said, taking his hand. He smiled, "If that's what you want to do, princess. That's what we'll do." Then he brought me into his arms and held me gently.

~💚~

"Uncle Max." "Joel. And this must be Camille. Congratulations," Max said. "I'm so glad you're here. Maybe you can talk some sense into my parents," Joel said. "Why? What's the problem?" Joel didn't get a chance to answer because his parents showed up. "Max." "Betty Jean, Gordon." He greeted them.

~💚~

"Ah, Max, we're so glad you're here. Maybe you can talk some sense into these kids." "What's going on?" He asked. "Ah, they don't know what they're doing. This whole wedding is a terrible mistake," Gordon said. "The whole wedding is a terrible mistake?" Max questioned. "See? Listen to your uncle Max." "Hang on a second. That's not what Max said. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks. If two people love each other, not even family can stop them from being together. Isn't that right, Ben?" I said.

~💚~

He nodded and took my hand. "That's right, princess. Even if our families didn't want Paige and I together, we're still going to be together because we love each other and NOTHING will ever change that. Isn't your child's happiness important to you?" He asked. Betty Jean and Gordon didn't say anything. "You're not going to say anything because you know we're right," I thought. "Now, Gordon, the kids are grown-up's. Who are we to get in the way?"

Two Halfs, One HeartOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara