Chapter 24- Ghostfreaked Out

"Help! I can't get down!" "Don't worry! We'll come up and get you!" Gwen said to the boy. "We?" Ben asked. "Hey! You're the one with all those alien heroes at your fingertips. And Paige is the one with the magic," Gwen said. He activated the Omnitrix and was now Wildmutt. "Oh, good thinking, Benji! Turn into the vicious, drooling alien attack dog... to rescue the scared kid out of the tree," I said.

~💚~

"It's OK. I'm here to help get you down," Ben reassured the boy. "I don't want to get down. I want out!" Then the boy transformed into Ghostfreak. "Leave me alone!" Ben shouted. "You can't get away from me. Always the hero. What a waste of potential! If you want to be helpful, get me out!" Ghostfreak said as Ben screamed.

~💚~

~💚~

"Ben! Ben!" Max said, trying to get his grandson's attention. "Earth to dweeb! Clean the wax out of your ears!" Gwen said as she hit him with a piece of paper. "You OK, son?" "Yeah. I guess I'm still just a little weirded out by that Wildmutt nightmare," Ben said. "Me too, Benji. It was so freaky," I said.

~💚~

"Well, what do you two expect when you wolf down... two mega-enchurritos and two pints of Bad Breakup for midnight snacks?" Gwen asked. "You think you're so smart. Is that why you want to go to this stupid school? It's full of nothing but snobs and posers. Princess, promise me you'll never want to go here. I can't lose you," Ben said. "I promise, Benji," I said, smiling.

~💚~

"Bancroft Academy is one of the top schools in the country," Gwen said. "Yeah, for snobs and posers." "Ben, I'm warning you. You'd better not do anything... to embarrass me on the tour of the campus. That goes for you too, Paige." "Hey! What am I going to do?" I asked. "Don't get your shorts in a twist. I'll be on my best behavior," Ben said.

~💚~

"Why doesn't that make me feel better?" We arrived at the school and were being shown around. "And recently, Bancroft Academy was awarded... the prestigious solid gold main cup trophy... for top-rated prep school on the East Coast. So you can see why we're very picky about who we admit. So many delude themselves into thinking that they are Bancroft material. It's so sad," Our tour guide, Tiffany said. "Why is this girl so stuck up?" I thought, irritated.

~💚~

"Well, I have a 4.2 GPA, I'm President of the Computer Club... Treasurer of the Science Society, volunteer at several local charities with my best friend, Paige... and I'm a member of my school's Jiu-Jitsu team," Gwen said. "How nice for you," Suddenly, Ben and I heard someone say his name. "Ben!" We gripped each other's hands tightly, terrified.

~💚~

"Do you have a question?" Tiffany asked us. "Yeah. Why are there so many kids here during vacation?" "Attending our prestigious Summer School Session," Tiffany answered us. "Summer and school. There's two words that should never be used together. What?" Ben asked when Gwen gave him a look. Suddenly, we stopped when Ben thought he saw something. "Benji, what is it?" "I thought I just saw... never mind. Grandpa's right. I just need a little sleep, princess," Ben said.