Chapter 7- Kevin 11

We were now at a fancy hotel. It looked incredible. "This hotel has everything! Indoor pool, full day spa.." Gwen said, excited. "I know! I can't wait to get to the spa and pretty myself up for you, Ben," I said, just as excited as Gwen. "You're already beautiful, princes. You don't need to change anything about yourself." I blushed. "Now, don't get used to it girls, it's only for one might," Max said. Even though it was only for one night, I was really going to enjoy this.

~💚~

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw that something caught Ben's attention. I was too busy looking at the hotel brochure with Gwen so I wasn't going to follow him. "I know what you're thinking, so no sneaking back in there," Max told Ben. "I won't," Ben said. But I had a sinking feeling that we wouldn't be here for very long.

~💚~

~💚~

The next thing I knew, we were being kicked out of the hotel. Gwen and I were crushed. Both of us wanted to take showers and go to the spa. The security guard threw our suitcases at us and said, "And never come back," This is one of the few times that I've been really upset with Ben. "I told you not to sneak in there," Max scolded Ben. "Well, if you want to get all technical about it," Ben said. "Paige and I never even got a chance to take a shower. In a real shower for the first time all summer. Plus, they had a spa. A spa! Paige did say she wanted to make herself pretty for you. Nice going, doofus," Gwen said, just as annoyed with Ben as I was.

~💚~

Now, we were back in the Rust Bucket. Ben was getting reprimanded by Max. "How do you expect me to trust you... if you keep misusing the watch?" Max asked. "Excuse me. I used it a hundred times for good. Why can't I use it just once for me?" Ben asked. I wasn't siding with him on this one. I loved him but he really messed up. "It's not how many times you use it, Ben, it's how you use it," Max said, frustrated.

~💚~

"It was no big deal," Ben said. "To you. And that's all you care about. So, no more Sumo Slammer stuff for two weeks. No comics, no trading cards, no..." Max was cut off by Ben. "Fair!" "Neither is getting booted from a 4-star hotel I already paid for," Max said. "Fine, take it out of my allowance." "Ben's still not getting it," I thought. "You don't get an allowance," Gwen said.

~💚~

"Stay out of this!" Ben and Max said in unison. "This is my vacation, too. You can't always tell me what to do. You're not my dad," Ben said. I looked at Max after Ben said that. He had a hurt look on his face. The truth is, I did look at Max as a father. Since my biological father died. "Well, if I was, I..." Max didn't finish. He thought about something else. "I'm going back to the hotel and see if I can get at least some of my money back. I'll be back in a few minutes," he said.

~💚~

"Don't hurry," Ben said as he closed the curtain of the bunk beds. "He'll be fine," Gwen and I said. "Not fair! Not fair! Totally not fair!" Ben said, throwing a tantrum. "Glad to see you're handling things so maturely," Gwen said. Ben came out, grabbed my hand and we left the Rust Bucket. "Where do you think you're going?" "Where does it look like my princess and I are going? Out," Ben said, annoyed.