Chapter 20- Camp Fear

We were driving along and Ben and Gwen were arguing about our birthday. You see, the three of us have shared a birthday forever. But every year, it's always the same; Ben and Gwen argue. They're arguing about which one of them gets to celebrate it on the exact day. "Change it!" "No way! You change yours!" "It's your turn!" Ben argued. "Sorry, but I already picked the cake... color-coordinated the balloons, and sent the invitations. By the way, here's yours. Oh, and yours too, Paige," Gwen said, handing me my invitation.

~💚~

"Who plans their birthday party six months in advance?" Ben asked, annoyed. "The one who gets to celebrate it on her actual birthday this year!" Gwen said. "I don't think so. Grandpa promised... he's taking Paige and I for laser tag for my birthday." "But you can't miss my party, grandpa," Gwen said. Finally, I'd had enough, "Will you two stop? This is getting ridiculous!" I said. "Now you three have shared the same birthday for ten years... and if you don't stop arguing... neither of you will make it to eleven! Here, Ben. Try this on your foot. It gets rid of all kinds of fungus," Max said, throwing Ben a container. "Athlete's foot powder?" Well I am an athlete," Ben said. "More like an athletic supporter, if you ask me," Gwen said. "They're coming! Help me!" We heard. Then we saw a boy with red hair standing in the road. "Grandpa!" "Max" The three of us altered him.

~💚~

~💚~

"Stinkfly to rescue!" Ben said as we stopped. He activated the Omnitrix but instead of Stinkfly, he transformed into Cannonbolt. "Oh, man. Can't this thing ever get it right?" "Just a few scrapes and bruises. That's good, but he's out cold," Max said. "His name's Gilbert," Gwen and I said. "How'd you two know that?" "Ben asked. "Women's intuition," Gwen said.

~💚~

That, and he's wearing a nametag," Max said, showing us. "He must go to Camp Opinicon," I said. "That is one scary-looking rash." "Ben! Don't touch it! Find something else to touch," I said. He smiled and started poking my cheek. "It's obviously some kind of fungus," Gwen said. "I saw the sign for the camp a little way's back. They must have a nurse." We handed there to see if anyone could help Gilbert. But when we got there, it looked completely deserted.

~💚~

"Hello? Anybody home?" Max called out when we entered the mess hall. "It looks abandoned." "Yep. Definitely abandoned," Gwen said, looking around. "Food's still warm. Looks like they left in a hurry," Max said. We heard a loud thunder clap and then the lights went out. I hugged Ben tightly because thunder scares me and so does the dark. Ben led me over to the spaghetti and meatballs. He grabbed one end of the pasta, I grabbed the other end we kissed. "Just like Lady and the Tramp," I thought. "Hey! We did it just like Lady and the Tramp, princess!" I blushed and nodded.

~💚~

Max aimed a flashlight at us and saw that Ben and I were eating the spaghetti and meatballs. "What? Paige and I are hungry," Ben said. "Here. You two can share, Paige," Max said, handing me a flashlight. Suddenly, we heard a noise coming from the kitchen. Ben aimed the flashlight at the door and was doing shadow puppets. I giggled while Gwen was very annoyed.

~💚~

We entered the kitchen to see what that noise was. Ben had the flashlight in one hand and my hand in the other. He wanted to keep me as close as possible. Suddenly we saw something. Ben yelled, dropped the flashlight and I fell down with him. "Sorry, princess. Are you OK?" "I'm fine. Are you OK?" "I am now," Ben said as he put his hand on my cheek. "Hey! Now is not the time, love birds," Gwen said.