Chapter 27- Midnight Madness

We were now at a huge mall. "500 stores, 72 restaurants, 48 movie screens, an indoor rollercoaster! Gwen said, reading the mall's brochure. "We could just spend the whole summer here. This mall has everything, princess." "Yes, it does. It's incredible, Benji," I said. "Halt in the name of mall security!" We heard when security came out.

~💚~

"Including their own police force," Max said. "Looks like the rent-a-cops could use a little help. A hero's work is never done. Let's get going, princess," Ben said. He activated the Omnitrix and in a flash of green light, he was Wildmutt. I rode on his back as we followed the mall security guards.

~💚~

We entered the parking garage and went after the thieves. He tackled them and I tried to throw fireballs at them to slow them down but it wasn't working. Then, to make matters worse, Ben got kicked in the face.

~💚~

~💚~

After Ben got knocked down, I used my magic to immobilize the thieves while he gathered his wits. When it seemed like nothing Ben was doing was working, I tried but it seemed like these people were too quick. Then security showed up. "Just great!" I thought. "They let loose some kind of rabid dog to cover their tracks. Get him," A security guard said.

~💚~

Ben and I jumped over them and ran for it. The Rust Bucket showed up and we got inside and left. Max swerved to miss hitting security but we ended up hitting a lamp post. When they came into the RV, they looked stunned. "Looking for something, officer?" I asked. "Nice going last night, hero. Not only did you let the robbers get away, but because they thought your furry butt was inside, they played demolition derby with the Rust Bucket," Gwen said.

~💚~

"Hey! Don't blame him, Gwen. First off, the robbers disappearing wasn't our fault. Second, what were we supposed to do, let them shoot us? Do you want to be the one to explain that to my mom and aunt? My aunt Regina would barbecue you!" I said. After that Gwen was quiet.

~💚~

Ben squeezed my hand. "Don't let her get to you, princess. "The mall's going to pay for all the repairs, and it bought us a few more days here while Grandpa waits for the parts. You should be thanking me," He said. "Guess you're right. Nice job, Wildmutt," Gwen said. That's when I noticed something and pulled her away.

~💚~

"Oh my gosh, Gwen! Look! It's Princess Odette's dress from The Swan Princess! I have to have it!" I said, staring at the dress in awe. "Let me take a picture and I'll go show it to grandpa," She said, smiling. "Thank you, Gwen! Oh, don't let Ben come over here. I want the dress to be a surprise for him," I said. She nodded as she took the picture and ran to find Max.

~💚~

Gwen came running back a second later. "Grandpa said yes!" "Thank you, Gwen!" I squealed with happiness. "I definitely owe Max a batch of my chocolate chip cookies after this. We went in the store, I tried on the dress and it fit perfectly. Then I told Gwen to go get Ben. "Ben! Paige has something she'd like to show you!" "What is--" Ben stopped dead in his tracks when he saw me. His face was lit up like a Christmas tree.