Chapter 47- Goodbye And Good Riddance

Ben and I were busy fighting a criminal dressed up like a bird. "Got my talons full with some giant root and his sidekick!" "Root? Get a clue, dude. I'm a vine," Ben said. "Yeah! And I'm not his sidekick!" I said. He smiled, "You're right, princess. We're a team. There are no sidekicks here."

~💚~

"Badickinis Metalalurca!" Gwen cast a spell. Then I used my Magical Immobilization to freeze the criminal. "I promised my grandkids a relaxing ride -- not you!" Max said as he punched another guy in the face. "You're just been grounded. Grandpa, what can we do next?" He said. "Yeah, Max; I'm ready for action," I said. "Get you and Paige to school, Ben. Summer's over."

~💚~

~💚~

"Oh, man, can't this thing go any slower?" Ben said. "If we go any slower, we'll miss the first day of school," she said. "That's the point, Gwen," I said. "Don't want the summer to end, you two?" He asked. "What, so I can can go back to my normal, boring life in total normal, boring Bellwood?" I said, not thrilled.

~💚~

"Normal sounds pretty good to me. From now on, the only spelling I want to do is in Composition class." "Well, while you're hitting the books, Paige and I'll be hitting the bad guys. I bet the local cops could use four hands or a tail, some wings or some magic on the job. Right, princess?" "Ben, I'm afraid you and Paige are going to have to keep the Omnitrix and magic our secret for now. The less people know, the better," Max said.

~💚~

"Even mom and dad?" "Yeah, afraid so," Max replied. "From superhero back to plain old super geek. Have fun back at school." Not impressed with her comment, I used my aerokinesis to mess up Gwen's hair. "Well, there is one good thing about our school, princess." "What's that, Benji?" I asked. "Gwen doesn't go there!" "I want you to know, this summer may not have turned out the way I planned, but I wouldn't have changed a single second of it." "Me neither, Grandpa. Thanks," Ben said.

~💚~

"Thank you. You and Paige gave this old Plumber new life. It was an honor fighting side by side with you, Benjamin and Paige Tennyson," he said. "You were amazing, Max," I said. Suddenly, Ben was taken to the ground by his dog. "Ben! Paige!" I looked to see Ben's parents, Carl and Sandra. As well as my mom, Emma Swan.

~💚~

"Hey... dad." "Son, good to see you," Max said. "Hey, uncle Carl, aunt Sandra!" "Hi, Gwen. Now, I know you and Ben have had your differences, but I hope bis personality grew on you this summer," Sandra said. "I suppose one or two of them weren't all that disgusting." Then, Sandra and Carl noticed my promise ring. "So, Ben; you finally asked Paige to be yours, huh?" He nodded, "Yeah, it was the best decision I've ever made."

~💚~

"Got a new job, dad -- city engineer." "That's great," Max said. "Want to come in?" Carl asked. "Well, I'd like to, but I promised Frank and Lily I'd have Gwen home hours ago. And you remember what I told you." "Max, can I still have sleepovers in the Rust Bucket? Please? Please?" I asked. He chuckled, "Of course, sweetheart."