Chapter 23- They Lurk Below

We were in a jet and flying to see one of Max's old friends. "Now, this is cool! Picked up in a billionaire's private jet... to check out his brand-new hotel before anybody else. Now we're taking a summer vacation. Thanks!" Ben said to his grandfather. "Yeah, thanks Max. This is awesome!" I said. "Almost as awesome as when you met Michael Jackson, princess?" Ben asked. "OK, let's not go that far, Benji," I said. "I'd do anything for you guys. You know that, Ben and Paige," Max said. I smiled. Even though I wasn't family, Max and the rest of the Tennyson family treat me like I am.

~💚~

"How come you never told us before that you knew Donovan Grand Smith?" Gwen asked. "Must have slipped my mind." "Come on. Nothing slips your mind, Max," I said. He smiled a warm smile at me. Then we landed, Ben grabbed my hand as we exited the plane. "Max Tennyson, it's been way too long." "How are you, Donovan?" Max asked his friend, shaking his hand.

~💚~

"Well, with 16 resorts worldwide, I'd say pretty good. Glad you finally decided to see how the better half lives," Donovan said with a laugh. "These are my grandkids, Ben, Gwen and Ben's girlfriend Paige," Max introduced us. "And this is my grandson, Edwin." "Hi" The three of us greeted him "Yeah. Whatever," Edwin said, uninterested.

~💚~

Ben, Gwen and I looked at each other, shocked. "Ready to take the plunge?" Donovan asked as we got on an elevator. Now, we could see under the ocean and all of the fish. It was amazing! "This is beautiful!" I said in amazement. I could feel Ben staring at me. "You're beautiful," He said as he kissed my hand and I blushed.

~💚~

"You sure this was the safest place to build a resort like this?" Max asked his friend. "You're talking underwater fault lines?" Donovan asked. "I'm taking more like you're smack dab in the middle of the Bermuda Triangle." "Growing up, you always were the worrywart, Max. Never the risk-taker. I give you the world's first and only underwater resort. You won't believe what's down here," Donovan said as Ben, Gwen and I stared in awe.

~💚~

~💚~

Once we got to the resort, Ben grabbed my hand so we could check it out. "I read about your resort in Pacific Monthly Oceania, Mr. Grand Smith. Very cutting edge. Isn't the glass reinforced with..." I was cut off when I heard Edwin say "Butt-kisser" under his breath. Ben and Gwen looked like they wanted to kill him, especially Ben.

~💚~

"Micro-titanium threads to withstand up to 10 atmospheres. Nobody gets wet here unless it's in one of the nine pools." "Very impressive, Donovan," Max said. "Well, for two billion dollars, it ought to be. But, you know, money isn't everything." "We change the family motto, grandpa," Edwin asked. "Hey! Paige and I are into Sumo Slammers, too. Where'd you score that pin?" Ben asked.

~💚~

"Sumo Slammers Slam-Down V in Helsinki. We flew on my grandpa's private jet just to get it," Edwin said. "And Edwin says the pin's already tripled in value. Kid's got a head for business. Grooming him to take over the empire one day. Got to keep it in the family," Donovan said. "Paige and I've sort of been following in my grandpa's footsteps this summer, too," Ben said.