Chapter 9- Last Laugh

~💚~

Ben was now back in the Rust Bucket after his confrontation with those robbers. I was reading Romeo and Juliet while leaning into his side and Ben had his arm around me. Suddenly, Gwen spoke up when she saw a sign. "Zombozo's Traveling Circus of Laughs"? Coo!" Gwen said, after reading the sign. "I haven't been to a circus since I was a boy. Sounds like fun. What do you guys think?" Max asked us.

~💚~

"I love the circus!" Gwen exclaimed, happily. "That's because you belong in one," Ben said, mocking Gwen. "Nah, circus is kids' stuff," Ben said uninterested. I knew the real reason why he didn't want to go to the circus. Ben's afraid of clowns just like I am. "Hello? What are we?" Gwen said. Ben stretched and let out a fake yawn.

~💚~

"Besides, it's pretty late," He said. "Ben, it's 11:00 in the morning," Max said. "Fine by me. OK? All right. You guys want to go see some stupid circus? Fine," Ben said, giving up. When we got there, I stayed back in the Rust Bucket to talk to Ben for a minute. "Ben, you have nothing to be scared of. I'm scared too but we'll be together and protect each other like always. I'm right here, so don't worry," I said, trying to comfort him.

~💚~

He smiled, "I love you so much, princess," Ben said. I smiled back, "I love you too, Benji." Then I kissed him, trying to convey to him that I would protect him no matter what. "Looks like the entire town's turned out for the show," Max said. Ben and I saw a picture of a clown and both got freaked out. "It's probably sold out. We're probably just wasting our time," Ben said as I nodded. I could tell that both of our hands were sweating but I wasn't going to let go of my boyfriend's hand for ANY reason.

~💚~

"Step eight up and see... the fingerless freak of nature... whose strength knows no bounds! Thumbskull!" A man in a red and white suit announced. Then, out came a man who wore all black. He was holding a piece of metal and he bent it like it was nothing. "And presenting Frightwig! When this beauty let's down her hair... no telling what could happen," The man said, indicating a woman who had black balls on the ends of her hair.

~💚~

Then Frightwig put the piece of metal on an anvil. "And last but not least, the freak whose unique skill... is as vile as his attitude! Acidbreath!" The man said, as a man appeared and melted what was in front of him, with his breath. "Gross!" I heard Gwen say before Ben and I couldn't hear anything else. We saw a partially open doorway, with a sign above it that read, "KEEP OUT." Ben lead me to it, curiosity overwhelming him.

~💚~

When we up to it, Ben and I saw something that made our eyes widen. "Howdy, folks! Are you ready to laugh? Perfect. You're going to knock them dead," We heard. Then we saw a clown with razor sharp teeth and a lizard like tongue. Ben pulled me away as quick as he could. Then we backed up right into Gwen. "Don't do that, Ben said. "What is your malfunction?" Gwen asked.

~💚~

"What do you mean?" "Ever since we decided to go to the circus you've been acting even weirder than normal. What are you scared of?" Gwen asked. "I'm not scared of anything," Ben said. "Come on, guys, the show's about to start," Max said. "After you," Ben and I went ahead of Gwen. He held onto my hand tighter as we got closer.