Chapter 21- Ultimate Weapon

~💚~

"Well, what do you think? Bet you never tasted anything like that before," Max said as we were eating. "What's the crunchy stuff?" Ben asked. "Dung beetles," Max answered. We all looked at each other and spit out the food. "You had to ask, Benji," I said, annoyed by my boyfriend. "What, too spicy?" You'll get used to it." All of the sudden, an alarm went off. Then a screen appeared and almost hit us. Ben held me close so that didn't happen. The screen showed a creepy mask and went to Max.

~💚~

"No." "Max, what is is?" I asked. "The mask of Ah Puch. It's the key to the most powerful and destructive weapon ever created. The mask of Ah Puch is the guide to the Sword of Ekchuah. The Plumbers searched for it decades without any luck," Max explained as Ben and I sat in the front seat. "Ekchuah? What kind of alien is that?" Ben asked. "Not alien, Benji. Mayan. Ekchuah was the Mayan God of War. His sword was rumored to have leveled cities with just one swipe," I explained. Max looked at me and nodded. Silently saying, "I've taught you well."

~💚~

"Sounds like just the kind of thing... the world's most powerful ten-year-old boy and girl should have, princess," Ben said. I gave him a look and shook my head. "Paige is right. This is no toy, Benjamin. Whoever controls the sword... controls the destiny of mankind... and I will not let it fall into the wrong hands," Max said. Ben and Gwen looked at me for an answer. I didn't really have one.

~💚~

"Bet they're keeping it in the basement. Ben, you go alien and sneak in. Then open the side door for us. Paige, you go with him," Max said. "Sneak in? Don't you mean break in?" Ben asked. "Ben, Paige, I haven't time to explain how important it is for us to get the mask. Now, can I count on you two or not?" Max said. Ben and I looked at each other. "You know you can, grandpa," Ben said as I nodded.

~💚~

"What's up with grandpa? He's so intense," Ben asked me. "I don't know what's going on with him, Benji. But it's freaking me out," I said. "Cut him some slack, will ya? He's trying to save the world," Gwen said. Ben activated the Omnitrix and in a flash of green light, he was Grey Matter. "Oh, man! I should've just gone Cannonbolt and busted my way in," Ben said. "Or you could've come with me because I teleported my way in," I said as I was leaning against the wall.

~💚~

"Why don't I learn my lesson, princess? I am so dumb!" Ben said as I picked him up. I shook my head, "No you're not, Benji. Next time, just come with me. It'll be easier," I said. Then I noticed there were two German Shepherds by us. I used a protection spell before they could harm us. We got the door open for Max and Gwen. "It's about time," Max said. "Have you ever seen grandpa this serious, Paige?" Gwen asked. "I've never seen anyone this serious, Gwen," I replied as we followed Max.

~💚~

Finally Max opened a door and we walked in. Inside of the room, was a safe. "It has to be in here," Max said. "I'm on it, Max," I said. I focused my magic on the safe and in no time, it opened. "Good job, princess," Ben complemented me. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Max asked. "Well, not exactly," Ben said. Inside was the creepy mask we saw before. "Over 40 years of searching, and now, finally, you're..." Max was cut off when we heard footsteps.