Chapter 31- Benwolf

We were now on an Indian Reservation and listening to the history of dream catchers. I knew all about them. My family has used them many times. Not to catch bad dreams but for magical purposes. Using magic, my mother and godmother have used dream catchers to take memories or to see what a person is thinking about.

~💚~

I've never done it but I've been taught how to do it by my godmother. "Navajo legend says the web of the dream catcher protects  the dreamer by holding the nightmares in the center while good dreams travel down the feathers to bless the person sleeping," Wes Green said.

~💚~

After listening to the history, I ran up to Ben and grabbed his hand.  "Speaking of sleeping," Gwen said as Ben yawned. "Hey princess, I feel a lot better knowing you're here. I know Mr. Green is Grandpa's old buddy, but could this trip get any more... cooler?" Ben said as he released my hand and focused on the girl dancing.

~💚~

I was hurt by this but I felt even worse when I saw the look in his eyes. "Gwen? Can I talk to you alone for a second?" I asked my friend as I pulled her away. "Did you see the look on Ben's face that I just saw? He's never looked at me like that," I said. "Well I--," I cut her off when I spoke again, "Tell me the truth... have you ever seen him look at me, his girlfriend like the way he just looked at that girl?"

~💚~

She didn't say anything, she just gave me a sad look. "Well, that settles it, I'm going home. Don't worry about telling Ben though. I'm sure he won't even notice that I'm gone," I said as I headed into the Rust Bucket to gather my things. I was about to grab my backpack, when I noticed my journal. It was open to a specific page so I picked it up and read it.

~💚~

My journal

~💚~

"My beautiful daughter,

There's something that you need to know about imprinting. It's about the rejection of imprinting. What would happen if a sorceress is rejected by her imprintee is also unknown, though this is assumed to be virtually impossible. The imprinter is deemed to be the "perfect match" to the imprintee—she will be anything he may want or need, making rejection unlikely. Should it happen, however, the imprinter may feel unspeakable pain, and may even want to commit suicide. The reason that I'm telling you this is so you know. But I know that this couldn't possibly effect you and Ben. You two were made for each other.

I love you my darling daughter,

Love,