Chapter 25- Dr. Animo And The Mutant Ray

We were now at a swamp for a festival Max wanted to attend. "Looks like we beat the crowd. "Yeah. You sure we're in the right place, grandpa?" Gwen asked. "Tomorrow this place will be crawling with Gator-Fest fans," Max said. Gwen stepped down and her shoe got covered in muck. I was about to exit the Rust Bucket and I moved to miss the muck.

~💚~

What are you doing?" We asked when we saw Ben messing with the Omnitrix. "Who knows how many more alien hero dudes are inside this thing. I just have to figure out how it works," Ben said. "Benji, I don't think you should mess around with it," I said. "Aww! Come on, princess. What could go wrong?' "Everything," I thought. "Paige's right, Ben. You shouldn't mess around with that thing, Ben. You're just asking for trouble," Gwen said, agreeing with me.

~💚~

"Just chill out. I know what I'm doing," He said as he continued to use a screwdriver to mess with the Omnitrix. "That'd be a first," Gwen muttered. "The girls are right, Ben. I want you to promise me you'll take it easy on the Omnitrix," Max said to his grandson. "OK, grandpa," Ben said. "Now, don't stay up too late. Tomorrow's a big day. Good night." "Benji, I'm going to go to bed, myself. Don't be too long, I can't sleep well without you holding me," I said as I kissed Ben's cheek and went into the Rust Bucket.

~💚~

~💚~

"Ben? What was that? Are you OK, Benji?" We all asked. "What was what?" Ben asked. "What was that noise?" Max asked again. "Lightening?" "There's not a cloud in the sky, sweetheart." "Lightening got rid of them?" Ben said. "He's up to something, grandpa," Gwen said. "You are so paranoid. She's just trying to get me into trouble!" Ben said, irritated. "OK, that's enough. Let's go, the three of you. Bedtime," Max said. Ben grabbed my hand and said, "I could definitely use some cuddle time. Although, I don't need an excuse to hold you in my arms, princess," Ben said as he kissed my cheek.

~💚~

The next morning, we all got up to get ready for the day. I went outside to get some fresh air. "There, good as new." "What's good as new, Benji?" He screamed, startled. "Oh, princess. It's you. Nothing, everything's fine," Ben said. "OK, it's just... I wanted to make sure you were OK," I said, smiling. "Woah!" We said as we saw Gator-Fest. "Told you. Let the Gator-Fest begin," Max said as he came out of the RV.

~💚~

We followed Max to check everything out. "You know, I think you kids are going to enjoy this. It is a rare event." Max said, gesturing to the large eggs. "You mean like Ben changing his underwear?" Gwen asked. "Gwen!" I said as I slapped her shoulder. Suddenly the eggs hatched and three baby alligators came out and went into the water.

~💚~

"That was amazing!" I said in awe. "They are kind of cute," Gwen said. "What are they running from? They're alligators." "That's very odd. What do you think would make them do that?" Max said. "I'll give you one guess. And it goes 'ribbit'" I said, freaked out. Then a giant frog appeared and we ran for it. "No way! I recognize that croaker. That's Dr. Animo's frog," Ben said. I didn't have time to respond when the frog aimed its tongue at us.