Chapter 15- The Big Tick

We were now at a beautiful spot by a lake. It was so beautiful and peaceful. "Nothing like finally relaxing... in the peace and quiet of the great outdoors." Max said to Gwen and I. "Darn it, darn it! I hate this stupid thing!" Ben said as he was trying to get the Omnitrix to work. "Or not," Gwen said. "Astronomers at Mount Hamilton have caught a glimpse of a small meteor... and it appears to be headed toward the northwest part of the State," I heard Ben's radio say.

~💚~

"What's the matter, Ben?" Max asked his grandson. "I figured I'd go XLR8 and hit that burger place in Casper... to pick Paige and I up two double cheeseburgers with pickles... but it looks like I'm stuck here," Ben said, disappointed. "Ben, Yellowstone happens to be one of the coolest places around. Just hang out and appreciate it," Gwen said. "Gwen's right. And we can live right off the land. Grub worms! Full of protein." Max said as he rolled a log over and picked up a worm.

~💚~

Then he ate it and the three of us reeled back in disgust. "You grill them up with a sun-dried tomato paste. They are..." Max explained but was cut off by Gwen. "Maybe I can help. I'll take my burger with chili." "Or if you tell me where the place is, I'll teleport and grab it," I offered. Ben smiled, "I can appreciate that, princess," Ben said. Then the Omnitrix went off, in a flash of green light; Ben was an alien that we'd never seen before.

~💚~

Then he fell down. "Guys, what am I?" Ben asked, confused. "Now, that's a heroic pose." Gwen said, sarcastically. "Real funny." Then we helped Ben stand up. "I can't believe I'm a new hero," Ben said. "And where there's one more... who knows, there could be a hundred more," Max said. "Well, as long as they're not as worthless as this one is. So, what do you think he does? So much for breathing fire. Maybe I can fire freeze rays from my eyes. Magnetic blasts?" Ben said, as he was trying to figure out what this new alien's powers were.

~💚~

Suddenly, we saw something huge coming toward us. "Duck!" Gwen shouted. We all ducked except Ben, he didn't see what was coming.

~💚~

~💚~

Suddenly, whatever fell from the sky landed with a huge boom. "This alien's got to go," Ben said. Then he curled up into a ball, like a caterpillar. Then rolled in the direction of the meteor. "Don't you mean got to roll?" Gwen said. "Look on the bright side. You're headed in the direction of the meteor." Then we followed Ben to the meteor, curious to find out about it. "It's huge," Ben said. Then the ground started rumbling and Ben fell down again.

~💚~

"And alive!" I said, fascinated but also frightened. Then the meteor started to crack and grow legs. We all ran, unsure of what was going on. "And quite aramaic," Max said. I had to plug my nose because the smell coming from the meteor was so awful. "I just thought that was Ben not taking a shower for three days," Gwen said. "Four and counting!" He said, trying to prove a point. I frowned and crossed my arms. "Benji, you know I love you but that's disgusting," I said, unimpressed by my boyfriend. He frowned and then smiled as a thought came to him.