Chapter 38- Be Afraid Of The Dark

Max, Gwen and I were on the spacecraft and were looking for the Corrodium. "Shouldn't we be looking for the corrodium?" Gwen asked. "Easier to bring the entire kit and caboodle back to earth than waste time searching for a few rocks in a whole rocket ship," Max said. "Guess we know where we got our brains from, Gwen," I said. He smiled, "Sweetheart, you get your brains from your whole family."

~💚~

"Are you sure you remember how to fly this thing, grandpa?" She asked. "Just like riding a bicycle, a 100-ton, 20,000-mile-an-hour, high-tech bicycle," He said. "Yo, earth to Grandpa. Come in, Grandpa," I heard Ben's voice. "Oh, thank Arceus! Ben's OK!" I thought, relieved. "Ben?" "If you're checking up on us, don't bother. We're totally handling things up here and Paige is safe. We don't need your help," Gwen said.

~💚~

"Wrong. When you hear what I'm to say, you're going to wish you had my alien muscle with you," He said. "Since when is Grey Matter muscle?" She replied. "Please, Gwen. Go ahead, Ben," Max said. "I figured out what old bolt head is up to. He's going to project a corrodium beam from the space station to a transceiver in New Mexico." "Which will then spread it over the entire earth!" I said, freaked out.

~💚~

"New Mexico? Like where we first took on the werewolf?" Gwen asked. "That's why he was stealing that satellite equipment." "A beam of corrodium like that will mutate all human and animal life on Earth," He said. "I think that's just a side effect. With the sun blocked out. Ghostfreak would be at full power all the time," Ben said. "Ghostfreak?" We said. "So that's the sinking feeling that I've had in my stomach. Ghostfreak is back," I thought.

~💚~

"Yeah. Dr. Monster somehow brought Ghostfreak back to life. He's behind all this stuff. The werewolf, Mr. Mummy, everything!" He exclaimed. "Hold on a second, Ben. That's strange. According to this, the corrodium inside this ship is moving." "That's impossible. How could it be moving? Unless...." I was cut off when I was grabbed by something. "It's inside the mummy!" He said.

~💚~

"Grandpa! Gwen! Paige, my princess!" I faintly heard Ben shout. "I can't keep this up much longer," Max said. "Hang on, guys!" "Paige, wait. Your magic doesn't work inside your hazmat suit, remember?" Gwen said. "Yes, it does. Just not like it's supposed to," I said. I focused on creating a big gust of wind to send the mummy flying. What happened was I blew up like a balloon and smashed into the mummy repeatedly.

~💚~

Then I accidentally hit Max and Gwen. The next thing I know, we're in an airlock. "At least Paige bought us some time to regroup in this closet. Who needs Ben and his alien heros?" Gwen said. "Gwen, this isn't a closet. It's an air lock," He said. Then he tried as hard as he could to open it and get us out. The next thing I knew, an alarm went off and we were sucked into space.

~💚~

"Exterior air lock closed. Repressurizing." Max held onto me as I held Gwen. Then we magnetized onto a space station. "Not very stylish, but you got to love these Plumber suits," She said. "Yeah, but they won't last long in zero atmosphere. We have to find another way back inside the station and fast," Max said. "Oh, yeah. Badder than the bad guys. Now I just have to figure out a way to get up into space and help Grandpa and Gwen. Then get back into my princess's arms," I heard Ben say.