Chapter 5- Hunted

~💚~

We were now in the desert. Gwen and I were watching Max set up an obstacle course for Ben. So he can practice using his powers. "You ready?" Max asked his grandson. Ben smiled and slammed his hand down on the watch. In a flash of green light, he was the alien I named Diamondhead. "Oh, yeah," he said, confidence dripping from his words

~💚~

"Remember to think out there, Ben. Don't just try to muscle it. Might isn't always right," Max said to Ben. "I know. But it's always fun," Ben said as he turned his hands into diamond shards. Max pulled a lever and cans flew through the air. Ben threw diamond shards at them to pierce them. Then Max pulled another lever and a string. Suddenly, targets popped up.

~💚~

Ben threw shards at them again. He continued to throw shards at everything. I looked on, impressed with my boyfriend's training. After finishing, Ben blew on his finger as if it were a match. "Show-off," Gwen said as she applied sunscreen to her skin. Then she handed the bottle to me and I did the same. I have fair skin so I have to wear sunscreen a lot during the summer.

~💚~

"Focus, Ben! Think!" Max said. "Don't worry, grandpa," Ben replied. He ducked some cans but missed the tire that hit him in the face. Ben flew back and accidentally threw shards of diamonds everywhere. Max ducked so he wouldn't get hit. Gwen and I screamed as some shards came in our direction. We hid under the chair to miss them. When we came out from our hiding place, the sunscreen was all over Gwen.

A shard had broke the bottle. She was very annoyed by this. Brn started laughing and said, "My bad," As we were driving away from the obstacle course, Gwen was still fuming about what happened. "You rockhead, you almost turned Paige and I into Swiss cheese," Gwen said. I was sitting next to Ben and put my head on his shoulder.

~💚~

"I said I was sorry. What else to you want?" "What about Paige? Hmm? The girl you care about so much. What if she had been seriously hurt?" Gwen said, fuming even more. "I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I hurt my princess. Accident or not," Ben said, sorrow in his words. "What we want is for you to take that thing on your wrist more seriously, Ben. It's not a toy. You've got to think when you use it," Max said to Ben. "I know, but come on! You guys have seen me in action. I'm the baddest Ben in town. I've kicked so much alien butt, my feet hurt. Even Paige knows no one's a match for me," Ben said, as he puts his feet on the table.

~💚~

"One of these days, you're going to screw around and get your own butt kicked. And I hope I'm there to see it," Gwen said. "Dream on, geek face," Ben said, taughting her. All of the sudden, we came to an abrupt stop. "That doesn't sound good," Max said. "Looks like nobody's home," Ben said as we stopped at a place that looked like the wild west. "Not for a while. My IntelliMap program says this is Slatterville. Incorporated in 1857 after the discovery of silver. Went bust in the late '50s when the mine ran out," Gwen explained to us.

~💚~

"Why does everything out of your mouth sound like a book report?" Ben asked Gwen. "I think I found the problem. Leaky fuel line," Max said as he showed us. It had a Diamondhead crystal pierced through it. "Lucky shot?" Ben said, scratching his head. "I should be able to patch it up," "Sorry, grandpa. Let me help. Maybe Four Arms. No, wait, Upgrade," Ben said, offering to help his grandfather.