Chapter 41- Divided We Stand

We were now having a relaxing day at the beach. "It's so nice to finally get a little peace and quiet so Paige and I can catch up on our summer reading," Gwen said. "I know, it's very nice!" "Although I can't help feeling it's a little too quiet. Where's Ben?" Max said.

~💚~

"Paige, do you know where he is?" She asked. "Gwen... let me make one thing perfectly clear, I'm his girlfriend... not his mother." I said, annoyed. Suddenly, we heard people screaming and saw him as Ripjaws. "Hey! Where's everybody going? Surf's up, dudes! What?" He said, when we came up to him with annoyed looks.

~💚~

"Come on. I was just having some fun." "So were we," Max said. "Only somehow we managed to have fun without frightening innocent people half to death," She said. "Yeah, well, if I wanted to read books and build science projects, I'd have signed up for dumb summer school," Ben said. I shook my head, "He just doesn't get it!" I thought, aggravated.

~💚~

Throughout the day, Ben continued to annoy us. He broke Max's machine, hit Gwen and I while we were trying to read, he was also annoying the seagulls. I was reading a new book, You Are Not Alone Michael: Through A Brother's Eyes by Jermaine Jackson. It was a book about Michael Jackson written by his older brother.

~💚~

Max was fixing his machine and Gwen was reading as well. Then we heard screaming again, "What's Ben up to now?" I thought. "Now what's Ben up to?" He asked. "My thoughts exactly, Max. I'm going to go find out right now!" I said, determined. "Is that Ben... and Ben? What alien or aliens has he turned into now?" She asked. "Looks like he could use a hand."

~💚~

I saw that some kids were in trouble so with Gwen's help, I created a twister and Max jumped in and saved them. "Good one, defuses. Now we'll never know where that thing came from," Gwen said. "I've got a pretty good feeling it's the work of our old nemesis -- Dr. Animo," I said. "That's what I was thinking, sweetheart. Great minds think alike!" Max said.

~💚~

"Guess that's the end of our fun day at the beach," She said. "Yeah, well, maybe your fun's over... but my fun is just starting! As soon as the watch recharges." Ben said as the Omnitrix timed out. I was relaxing with my book when Ben transformed into his new alien... again!

~💚~

"The only thing more obnoxious than one Ben Tennyson alien two of them!" Gwen said. I wasn't going to argue with her because she was right. This new alien of his named Ditto is very annoying! I saw that his ball was coming toward me so I cast a protection spell around myself so I wouldn't get hit. "Great job with the protection spell, Paige. Your magic is becoming greater and greater every time you use it!" She complimented.

~💚~

"Benjamin Tennysons..." "Okay, we're sorry. Yeah. We won't bother Gwen anymore. Well, we didn't say anything about him... or him! Play you guys some two-on-two?" He said. The three of us just stood there as annoyed as ever. Gwen was laughing as she watched the Dittos hurt themselves, "Having fun yet?" "It's not funny!" You're right. It's three times funnier," She said.

Two Halfs, One HeartOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara