Chapter 37- The Return

We were driving along the highway, when we heard something on the radio. "And be on the lookout on State Highway 818 for a prison bus reportedly taken over by the inmates," The next thing I knew, something slammed into the RV. "Those cons picked the wrong bridge at the wrong time. Right, princess?" Ben said. "Definitely! Now let's go teach them a lesson." I said, ready for action.

~💚~

"Ben, this time we need to figure out our plan before you and Paige go charging off," Max said. "Grandpa's right," Gwen said. "OK, here's the plan. You guys sit back and enjoy the hero show." "Ben, Gwen and I can help you and Paige," He said. "That's funny, Grandpa. We're out of here, princess. Oh, man. I mean, yeah. Stinkfly's going to bring down the pain from above. Princess, think you can teleport yourself to the bus?"

~💚~

I nodded, closed my eyes and the next thing I knew, I was inside the prison bus. "Next stop, freedom." "I don't think so, gentlemen," I said, a huge fireball in my hands. I aimed it at some of the prisons and they screamed in pain. "She's right. Nobody gets out of jail free when this fly is on patrol," Ben said. "And I thought the prison food smelled gross," The inmate said.

~💚~

"What is that thing?" He asked. "History." Before the guy could get Ben, I used my Magical Immobilization ability to freeze the man. "Anyone else want to try to get my partner?" I asked, a fireball in my hand. "Now you see me. Now you don't." Ben said, as he covered the windshield in goop. "Ready for a lift, princess?" I nodded as he grabbed me with his claws.

~💚~

"You two don't have to do this all by yourselves, you know." I heard Gwen say. "Hey, when you've got the moves, use them." He said as I conjured up a rope to tie the prisoners up. Then I gagged them for good measure. "They sure have some butt-ugly bugs down here." "Who are you calling butt-ugly, butt-ugly?" Ben said.

~💚~

Then I noticed that the prisoners where going to escape. "Swin for it!" "I don't think so," I said. I used my Elemental Control ability to make the water raise like a geyser. "Great job, sweetheart. Your Elemental Control ability is becoming stronger," Max said. "Yeah, that was awesome; Paige!" She complimented. "Hey, Gwen, get Paige and I some pretzels," Ben said.

~💚~

"Gee, Ben, I didn't know your were broken. Get them yourself, you lazy dweeb," She said. "Excuse me, since Paige and I just took out a busload of escaped prisoners, I think we..." He was cut off by Gwen. "We took down a busload of escaped prisoners." "Please. No offense, but you guys were just on cleanup. Everyone knows Paige's magic and my aliens lead, you and Grandpa follow. I mean, my princess is the most powerful sorceress in the world. Now, what about those... thanks" Ben said.

~💚~

"Guys, I'm trying to listen." Max said as he was watching the news. "Today's launch of the Noven spacecraft has been delayed by a freak electrical storm. I've covered bad weather from the four corners of the globe, and I've never seen anything like this purple lightning." "But we have," I said. "In the desert with that werewolf," Max said. "And on the farm with that mummy. This can't be a coincidence," I said.