Chapter 8- The Alliance

We were at a gas station and Ben and I were hungry. "Man, I'm starved," Ben said. Then we spotted some cookies. He took a box and handed me one. Then the display fell on Gwen. "Smooth move, Tennyson" She said to Ben. "Nice art Ben," Max said as he was washing the Rust Bucket. "You know, makes a statement," Ben said. Then a vehicle blew up and started a fire. "No! That's a statement!" Gwen said looking at the destruction.

~💚~

~💚~

Then we see people with motorcycle helmets and big guns. "What are you looking at?" One of them said to us. "Ben, Gwen, Max; get back!" I said as I pushed them out of harm's way. "Got to get Paige out of there," I could hear Ben say, even though my ears were ringing. I saw Ben transform into Four Arms. "Go!" He told us as Gwen and Max helped me up.

~💚~

"You OK?" Ben asked a man. The man ran away. "Wonder if that's a yes," The next thing I knew, Ben was blasted with a gun. They used the gun again and it started a fire right where Ben was. "Ben!" I screamed, terrified for him. It turned out, he was ok as he came out of the smoke and grabbed the enemies. He took their helmets off and saw that they were women.

~💚~

"You're all women. Look, I don't want to hurt you...." Ben was cut off when another woman blasted him with a gun. "Well, ain't that sweet," She said. "Clobber her!" Gwen said. All of the sudden, robot drones appeared, blasting everything. "Hey! This is MY heist," The woman who hit Ben said. "You can have it," The other two women said. I picked up a tire and threw it at her.

~💚~

"Ben, those drones must be after the watch," I said. "You'll get yours, princess," The woman fired the gun and the next thing I knew, concrete fell on me. "Paige!" I heard Gwen and Max yell. "No!" I heard Ben yell in anguish before I passed out from my pain.

~💚~

My dream

I was standing, my hands over my mouth and tears in my eyes. Ben was down on one knee and he had a velvet box in his hand. In the middle, was a beautiful diamond ring. "Paige Marie Swan, I promise to love you forever. Will you do me the extraordinary honor of marrying me?" I smiled, "Yes," I said. Then Ben brought me in for a kiss. The scene changed, now Ben and I were getting married. Do you, Benjamin Kirby Tennyson take Paige Marie Swan to be your lawfully wedded wife?" The pastor asked. "I do," Ben said, keeping his eyes on me the whole time. "And do you, Paige Marie Swan take Benjamin Kirby Tennyson to be your lawfully wedded husband?" "I do," I said, looking at Ben the whole time. The scene changed again. This time, Ben and I were at a doctor's office, looking at a ultrasound image of our baby girl we would name Gwendolyn Elizabeth Tennyson.

~💚~

"When I was playing with the watch I must have led her right to you," Ben said. "Since they moved me into a new room... and you haven't gone alien since then, we're safe," I said. "Yeah. Just for this second. But what about tomorrow? It's getting way too dangerous for you guys to be around me. If I didn't have this watch... none of this weird stuff would be happening," Ben said, frustrated.

~💚~

"Yeah, but since it won't come off there's nothing we can do about it," Gwen said, trying to cheer Ben up. "Maybe. Maybe not," I just thought of something. "Hey Gwen, Max, can I talk to Ben alone for a minute, please?" Gwen and Max left the room. "What's wrong, princess? Are you in pain? Do you want me to get a nurse?" Ben asked, worriedly.

~💚~

I shook my head. "No, nothing like that. I wanted to tell you about the dreams I had. In the first one, we were 18 and you proposed to me. The second one, we got married, the third one, we were going to start a family," I said. Ben's smile got bigger and bigger with every word. I saw tears flowing from his eyes. He leaned in to kiss me, "That's going to be our future. I promise you, princess," "I know. I believe you. Now, no more tears. I hate it when you cry. I don't like seeing you upset," I said to Ben as I wiped his tears away.

~💚~

"Come here," I said as I held my arms out. Ben came into them and I kissed his forehead. "It's all going to be ok," I whispered in his ear. He looked at me and said, "I promise you it will be," I smiled at Ben. I felt something touch my leg and then I heard, "I'm doing this for you, Paige; my princess," Ben whispered.

~💚~

"Ben? "Ben?" I heard Gwen say. Then I heard her read the note, "Dear grandpa, Gwen and Paige. I care about you all too much to keep putting you in danger. Paige, I love you with all of my heart. Always remember that. It's better this way. Love, Ben" I felt my heart crack. "The only way it's better is if we're together, Benjamin Kirby Tennyson!" I thought, too hurt to think about anything else.

~💚~

"Gwen, what is it?" I asked, now fully awake. "The siege at the Police Center continues. Early reports say several officers have been injured," The news on the TV said. "Ben's gone, but I think I know where he went. Grandpa and I have to go, Paige," Gwen said. "I'm coming, too," I said about to get up. "You can't go anywhere," Gwen and Max said in unison.

~💚~

"I'm not letting you guys go alone. It's too dangerous," I said. Gwen grabbed the remote and put my bed all the way down. "I can't get up now," I said. "That's the point," Gwen and Max said. "Guys, get back here! Guys! But they left the room before I could say anything else. I decided to call Gwen. I had an idea that could help Ben. "Hello? It's for you," Gwen said.

~💚~

"Hello? Princess, can we talk later? I've got an indestructible robot thing none of my aliens can take out," Ben said. "Benji, if you can't destroy it from the outside... take it down from the inside," I said, telling him my idea. "That's it! I love you so much! Thanks!" Ben said, thanking me.

~💚~

The next morning, I got released from the hospital. "It's good to get out of here and get back on the road," I said, happy to start our adventures again. "So, Ben, what happened back there in the gym? It's like you were possessed or something," Gwen said. "I've never seen you like that before, Ben," Max said. "I don't know. It was like when I went Upgrade I saw this alien. We were both floating through space and he was talking to me. He looked kind of like he had this octopus on his head. He said... I should be afraid," After Ben described this to us, Max and I looked at each other and froze. "It can't be..." I thought, worried what was possibly going to happen. "Princess, grandpa, you guys look afraid," Ben said. "I'm fine, Benji. You'll be fine too. As long as we stay together," Max nodded, agreeing with me. "Sounds good to me," Ben said as he kissed me. "I love you so much," I smiled, "I love you too," Ben and Gwen got in the Rust Bucket. Max and I stayed outside and looked up at the sky. Hoping our suspicions were wrong.

Two Halfs, One HeartOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara