Chapter 6- Tourist Trap

We were driving down a highway and Ben's face was pressed up against the window. He was making faces at the kid in the car next to us. "I'd warn you that your face might freeze like that...but in your case, it would be an improvement," Gwen said to Ben. I was reading Romeo and Juliet. I was reading their wedding scene. Reading it made me think about Ben's words from yesterday. "My future wife..." They've been playing over and over in my head.

~💚~

Ben took his face off the glass. The boy in the other car was eating, and he see showed Ben want was in his mouth. "Oh, man! The seafood special. Time to pull out the secret weapon," Ben said, as he ducked down and activated the Omnitrix. He was now Stinkfly and he pressed his face against the glass again. He growled at the kid and the kid screamed.

~💚~

Ben was now on the floor, laughing his head off. "There is such a thing as taking a joke too far, you know," Gwen said, unimpressed with Ben's actions. Then he sprayed some of Stinkfly's goop on Gwen's seat and she sat in it. If looks could kill, Ben would be dead. "Impossible. Funny is funny," Ben said. "Ben, better get up here," Max said as he slammed on the brakes. Then Ben, slid to the front of the Rust Bucket. "Oh, good. You're all ready to go. We got trouble ahead," Max said as Gwen and I went up front as well. We saw a truck flipped over and a man trapped inside with a fire close. "Help!" He screamed as he pounded on the door. "The door's stuck! He can't get out!" I heard someone say. "Help!" The man shouted again as the fire got closer. "If that propane he's hauling catches fire... that truck will become a rocket to the moon," Max explained.

~💚~

~💚~

Ben got out of the RV and flew to the scene. He couldn't get close enough to the fire because it was too intense. "Come on, folks. Give the bug a chance to work," Max said as he motioned for people to stay back. "The fire's too intense. I was I was was Heatblast," Ben said, trying to think of what to do. "That gives me an idea," Ben flew up and shot Stinkfly's goop on the fire and it was out. Then, with the limited strength that Stinkfly gave him; he used his tail to cut the roof of the truck and grab the man.

~💚~

He put the man on the ground and said, "Loogeys saves lives," "That's the monster that ate that kid," The boy from before yelled. "Well, look at the time. Got to fly," Ben said as he flew away. "You'll have a ball with it!" "Next exit," Gwen said, reading the road sign. "Come on, grandpa. At least give us a hint if what it is," Ben begged his grandfather. "Yeah, please," I said from beside Ben. Wanting to know where Max was taking us as well.

~💚~

"No hints. I've been planning this stop all summer," Max said, excited. When we got there, Max opened the door. "Now, the three of you, close your eyes," He said. We did as Max said. I felt Ben grab my hand so I wouldn't fall. "Ok, open 'em up. Welcome to Sparksville," Max said, reading the sign. Ben and I looked at each other, not sure how to feel about this adventure.

~💚~

"Is this place great or what?" Max asked us. "I'll go with 'or what'" Ben said as we looked around the place. "Come on. What's more exciting than the world's biggest fish bowl?" Max asked. "Everything," Ben said as I nodded. "As the Mayor of Spsrksville... I welcome you, o seekers of wonder," A man in a suit came up to us. "I know you guys are probably excited to see it... so I'll check us in," Max said as he handed us three tickets.