Chapter 14- Truth

~💚~

"And then, kablamo, no more Vilgax. Or so I thought, until today," Max was telling Ben and Gwen the story of how he took down Vilgax. "You were a hero? Princess, why didn't you tell me?" "It wasn't my place to tell you, Benji," I said, truthfully. "I was just a guy doing a job." "Excuse me... but exactly what was that job?" Gwen asked. "We called ourselves the Plumbers. Officially, we didn't exist. We were the guys who fixed the problems no one else could. Extraterrestrial, extrasensory, extraordinary," Max explained.

~💚~

"So all this time I've been going hero and Paige has used her magic... we've really been following in your footsteps. We're Plumbers in training, princess!" Ben said, excitedly. "And you knew about the watch the whole time?" Gwen asked, not sure what to believe. "Not really, just rumor and scuttlebutt. I was surprised as you guys, when it turned up on Ben's wrist," Max said.

~💚~

"You always told us we could tell you anything, grandpa. Guess you didn't feel the same," Gwen said. "All right! Could be a chance for the Plumbers to go back to work," Ben said, excited. "You should start by unclogging that hairball... from your brain, Mr. Plummer," Gwen said, mocking him. "You're just jealous because you're not part of the family business." "There is no family business. My hero days were over a long time ago," Max said to Ben.

~💚~

"Well, mine and Paige's are just getting started. Come on, princess," Ben said as I got up to follow him. "Ben, Paige. Wait!" Max said. "Time to XLR8!" Ben slammed down on the Omnitrix, but instead of XLR8, he transformed into Ripjaws. "Ripjaws, what a RIP-off," Ben said, disappointed. We followed the firetrucks wherever they were going. "There's some kind of creature inside, tearing up the place," I heard a man say.

~💚~

They all looked up when they felt water on them. "Sorry, just needed to moisturize," Ben said. Then we went inside to confront the creature. "OK, who's the punk giving us creatures a bad name?" Ben asked, hoping the creature would show itself. What appeared was not what Ben and I expected. It was a very small alien. Ben started laughing because he thought it was so funny. Then the alien threw a rock at Ben.

~💚~

"You picked the wrong day to be an alien, pal," Ben said as he charged at the creature. The creature moved and Ben hit the fountain. I tried to blast a fireball at the alien but he dodged it. Then it sprayed some water at Ben. "That won't do anything but help Ben," I thought. "That's just a breath of fresh air to me," He said. Ben was looking for the alien, when he backed up into a man.

~💚~

They both screamed and asked each other who they were. It was actually really funny to watch. Then the stranger blasted Ben. "That it!" I thought as I came out from my hiding place. I stood between Ben and the stranger with a fireball in my hand. "Listen, I don't know who you are and quite frankly, I don't care. But if you lay another hand on him... I promise, it will be the last thing you ever do," I said, wanting to barbecue this man.

~💚~

"Looks like today's my lucky day. Two aliens for the price of one. Just sit tight, fish stick. I'll be back in a minute," The stranger said. Ben picked up a pitcher of water and poured it over his head. "You got to love room service," He said as I nodded. Then we went over and put a container over the alien. "Not bad for a fish stick, huh?" Ben said to the man. Just then, the Omnitrix started to time out.