Chapter 44- Ben 4 Good Buddy

We driving down a long desert road. "It's nice being off the highway. Don't you just love the open road?" Max said. "Not when you can't get a radio signal." Gwen said, annoyed. "Well, then, how about a sing-along? We'll be coming 'round the mountain when we come. We'll be drivin' the Rest Bucket when we come." "How about a flush-along? Toilet won't flush again." Ben said, opening the bathroom door.

~💚~

"Hydraulics on." "You're clear to flush." And hopefully fast," she said. "This thing can go 300 miles an hour, but it takes four people to flush?" He asked. "Hey, our old gal's got character." "No, that's character." Ben said as another RV passed us. Suddenly, we heard someone talking over a megaphone. "This is the Baron. Move that piece of junk in front of us so we can get what we can for." Ben and I exchanged worried looks. "Forget coming 'round the mountain -- we're going down it!" I said, fright in my words. I held onto Ben for dear life.

~💚~

~💚~

"Grandpa! Phew. What's up with those drivers?" "Forget what's up. They're going down. It's time for some real acceleration.' Ben said as he activated the Omnitrix. In a flash of green light, instead of XLR8; he was Ripjaws. "Aw, man." "Not a drop of water for miles, Benji." "We're getting those road pirates," Max said.

~💚~

"Leave him alone!" Then we rammed one of the road pirates vehicles. All of the sudden, the Rust Bucket was being rammed repeatedly. Ben went out to take care of one of the pirates while Gwen helped me with the other. Just looking at her I thought, "I can't wait to burn her face!" "Hey lady! How'd you like to get burned?" I shouted. Then I created as big a fireball as I could and launched it at her.

~💚~

Hearing her screams of pain was like music to my ears. "Don't mess with the future Queen of the Enchanted Forest!" I thought, a huge smile on my face. "Thanatis... icatis... exodus!" She said, casting a spell. A twister appeared and enveloped the road pirates. "Excellent work, Gwen!" She smiled, "You too! Your Pyrokinesis just keeps getting better and better, Paige!" We high-fived, proud of our teamwork.

~💚~

"Good job, girls. By the way, where's Ben?" Max said. "I have a pretty good idea. Pull over, Max." "Well, there's a monster in my hot tub. With your help, I had just gotten away from those drivers when I heard this splash." We entered the RV and it was amazing! "Whoa. It's amazing in here," Gwen said. "If you like all that fancy-schmancy stuff." "It's not a monster... but he is pretty horrific-looking," she said.

~💚~

I rolled my eyes but didn't say anything. "You try finding water in the desert. I almost had to eat a cactus," Ben said. "How'd you  -- I mean, there was this creature who came through  --" "You know, the desert can play tricks with your mind," Max said. "I wouldn't mind  traveling in here forever," he said. "It's the most advanced satellite-communications system out there. Wi-fi, e-mail, internet, and radio."

~💚~

"Wow!" Gwen and I said, impressed. "63-inch plasma with 500 channels of satellite TV." "Sweet!" Ben said. "Name's Lawrence Wainright. Been on the road all summer. I figured it was time to cash in and see the country, really get to meet people, finally relax in life. No! Not my trophies! My R.V. has won Best in Show in 16 states. So, can I treat you to dinner for all your help?" Lawrence said.