Chapter 18- Grudge Match

Ben and I were in a fight with Kevin Levin. "You are one sorry sight, Rockhead." "That's Diamondhead. And speaking of sorry sights have you looked in the mirror lately?" Ben taunted. "It's payback time for turning me in a freak!" "You were always a freak, Kevin. It's just now the ugly is also on the outside." "Diss me all you want. I'm still ten times better than you and your little girlfriend. I've got all of your powers plus my own! I'm Kevin 11!" Then he shot Diamondhead crystals at us. "Too bad each one of those is only a tenth as powerful as ours," Ben said as he charged at Kevin. Then he shot some Stinkfly goop at Ben. "Eww! You and Gwen are right, princess. This stuff is gross," Ben said.

~💚~

Then, Kevin picked Ben up and shoved me out of the way. He threw him into a windmill and it broke. Ben grabbed the blade and threw it at Kevin. Then they charged at each other and a bright beam of red light encased them and they dissapeared. "Ben!" I shouted in distress. "Ben?" Gwen and Max appeared. "Gwen! Max! I don't know what happened but Ben's gone! I couldn't do anything! I'm so sorry!" I said as I could feel tears streaming down my face.

~💚~

~💚~

"You need to calm down, Paige. Breath with me," Gwen said, trying to calm me down. "We'll find him. I promise you, sweetheart. Why don't you go into the RV and lay down?" Max said. I nodded and went into the Rust Bucket. I sat down on mine and Ben's bunk and held my Slyveon plush that Ben gave me when we were kids. "Ben, where are you?" I asked myself.

~💚~

After a good nap, I went outside to take a walk. I looked up and stared at the sky. "Wherever you are, I'm going to find you. I will always find you, Ben. Then I started to sing, "If I could break this spell, I'd run to him today
And somehow I know he's on his way to me
Ben, you and I were meant to be
Far longer than forever
I'll hold you in my heart
It's almost like you're here with me
Although we're far apart," Then I swore that I could hear Ben singing. "Far longer than forever
As constant as a star
I close my eyes and I am where you are." "Sure as the dawn brings the sunrise
We've an unshakable bond," "Destined to last for a lifetime and beyond. Far longer than forever." "Far longer than forever." "I swear that I'll be true" "I swear that I'll be true." "I've made an everlasting vow to find a way to you. Far longer than forever.
Like no love every known." "And with your love. I'll never be alone." "Far longer than forever." "Much stronger than forever." "And with your love I'll never be alone." I finished as I stared up at the sky and thought of Ben's smile.

~💚~

I decided to brush up on my magic for when Kevin gets back. "I'm going to destroy him," I thought, furious. "Hey, Max? Could you help me train some more with my magic?" I asked. He nodded and we went to the field with the windmills. "OK, now I think we should focus on your transformation skills first. Then we can move on to your telekinesis abilities," Max said.

~💚~

I nodded in agreement. Max looked at the windmills and I knew an idea came to him. "Try to turn these windmills into a field of flowers," He suggested. I put my arms out and concentrated hard on the the windmills. The next thing I knew, a field of beautiful wild flowers appeared. Max and I smiled, happy about what I'd done. "Gwen! Come look at this!" She came out of the RV and saw the flowers where the big windmills had been.