Chapter 17- Gwen 10

We were now at a gas station and Max was filling up the Rust Bucket. Gwen and I were drinking milkshakes and waiting to leave. Then someone bumped into Gwen and her shake fell to the ground. "Hey! That was a mega--" She didn't finish her sentence because the guy turned around and we saw that he was wearing a mask. "Gwen, Paige, run!" Max told us.

~💚~

We ran as fast as we could, away from the men. Then I saw Ben, he was just standing there. "Why isn't he running?" I thought. "When are these losers ever going to learn?" "Dummy, the kid just saw you!" I heard one guy say to his partner. "Ben, take Paige and get back inside," Max said to his grandson. "Are you kidding me? These guys are a piece of cake and Four Arms likes icing. Hey! Where's the watch?" Ben said, confused. He realized that whatever he was looking for wasn't there and Ben looked shocked. "This is so not happening!" He said.

~💚~

~💚~

"Ben, don't just stand there!" Max said. Not caring that I could put myself in danger, I ran to Ben, grabbed his hand and pulled him away. I've always loved him but I've never had the courage to tell him. Maybe I will someday, Gwen always teases me about it. "Grandpa, where's the watch?" Ben asked. "What watch?" "Grandpa, that was amazing back there," Gwen complimented Max.

~💚~

"Yeah it was," I said in agreement. "Amazing? He's been doing that all summer! No way did the watch just slip off my wrist," Ben said, trying to figure something out. "Ben, what are you talking about? When I picked you up you weren't wearing a watch," Max said. "Is the heat getting to the three of you? I'm talking about the Omnitrix," Ben said, adamantly. Max and I shared a look but I shook my head and didn't think much of it.

~💚~

"I'll help you look for it," Gwen said. "Me too. So, what's it look like?" I asked my best friend. "Look like? You've only seen it, like a million times, princess. What is going on with you three?" Ben asked. "Nothing, Benji," I said as I felt his forehead to see if he had a fever. I blushed when he used my nickname he gave me when we were little. I hoped that he didn't see it though.

~💚~

"Maybe you have heat stroke or something," Gwen said. "I'm fine. I've been fine all summer," Ben said. "All summer? News flash, this is our first day together," She said. "That's impossible. We've been on the road for weeks... taking on aliens, kicking bad guy butt. Paige and I have gone hero, like, a thousand times," Ben said, trying to convince us. "You, a hero?" "Hey! Ben is a hero, Gwen. I can't tell you how many times he's saved me from Cash and J.T at school," I said.

~💚~

"Princess, tell her," Ben pleaded with me. "Ben, why do you keep calling me 'princess'?" I asked. "Paige, what do you mean? We're dating, remember?" Ben asked me, with a hurt look on his face. "You and Paige, please!" Gwen said. I looked over at him and he had a devastated like on his face. I wanted nothing more than to comfort Ben but I held myself back. "Ben, I got you and Paige from Madison Elementary today, just two hours ago."

~💚~

Now, Ben just looked shocked. "No way! Two weeks ago we were on Mount Rushmore kicking Vilgax's butt," He said. My eyes widened as Max slammed on the brakes. "How does Ben know about Vilgax? I'm the only person besides my mother Emma Swan who Max has told about his past. What is going on!?" I thought. "Grandpa, are you OK?" Ben asked. "Yeah, yeah, just dodged a skunk on the road," Max said. But I had a feeling that that wasn't the reason.

Two Halfs, One Heartजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें