Chapter I: The Awakening

Gasping, my green eyes snapped open. No light to show where I was, but the limited air alerted me to how little time I had to figure it out. I couldn't remember much. My memory was fuzzy. I remember a woman had come to me offering a lifetime of happiness. Oh how idiotic was I to accept. The bitch had forced me to drink something and then killed me. But if I was dead...Where am I? My eyes flashed yellow as I slammed my hands upwards. Cement. Was I in a tomb?

Putting all my strength into my hands, I pushed the slab on me up and to the side, hearing it fall to the ground in a loud echo. My throat burned. Scratchy and ill feeling. Was I sick? I couldn't be dead. I sat up and glanced around, my vision clearing up and the light being welcomed in. Candles were lit around me. The magic around me thick in the air. I could smell it. Almost taste it.

"Ah come on, Ricky!! Don't be a chicken!" Someone shouted outside the crypt. A smell hitting my nose. I was used to having a heightened sense of smell. I was a werewolf before I was killed. But that smell. I knew it. It was the smell of fresh blood. Usually something I smelled when I woke up after a full moon. But this was different. I could hear the blood pumping. Someone was nervous. My teeth elongated. Taking a long deep breath as I felt my eyes change. What did that woman do to me?

The door creaked open as I zoomed to the wall quickly. Two boys entered the tomb, one looked terrified while the other was laughing. They couldn't be older than I am. Maybe 18. The way they were dressed was odd. Not at all the way people usually dressed. Was I dead long? My eyes zoned in on the neck of the terrified one. His heart was beating faster than the others, pumping his blood more.

"Okay, I'm in here. Can we go now?" The scared boy asked. I stood in front of the door, as the boy turned to leave. A shriek leaving his lips. Not very manly.

"I'm sorry to scare you." I told him gently. My head tilting to the side slightly, pulling my eyes from the scared boys throat. I was trying to focus on something other than the burning in my throat and the blood calling to me from this boys neck. The friend turned and jumped when he saw me. "Could you tell me the date, please?" I questioned calmly. The calmer of the two let his eyes look over my physique.

"What happened to you?" The one boy asked, his face scrunching up in disgust. My eyebrows furrowed at his rudeness, glancing down at my attire and noticing how dirty and tattered my nice dress is.

"Hmm, the date?" I questioned again as the sound of his friends blood pumping was calling me louder. I averted my eyes from them, feeling them change.

"October 20th 2010." The scared boy said, trying to sound calmer than he was. But he had every right to be afraid. I brought my eyes to him, a smile gracing my lips as my teeth flashed at him.

"I'm eternally thankful." I told him and zoomed to his calmer friend, "Thank you for this delicious meal you have graced me with." I whispered, my hand gripping the boys throat as I stood behind him. His heart was beating as fast as his friends now, the sound of that delicious blood pumping faster through his veins. The other boy was frozen for a moment as I dragged my nose up his throat, inhaling the scent of my meal. I felt my teeth lengthen as I brought them to his jugular and sunk my fangs deep into this boys neck. The warm blood pulling into my mouth and down my throat was enough distraction for the other boy to run off as his friend screamed for mercy.

Draining the boy dry, I placed him into my old bed. Replacing the slab over top of him. Now where did that other boy go?

Somewhere not far from the crypt-

"HELP!" A boy ran into the Mystic Grill pulling the attention of everyone in it, including a few vampires. The boy ran up to the barkeep, Matt Donovan. "Help! Please, call the police! My friend-Oh god!" He shrieked. Matt looked at him, going to grab the phone before being stopped by Damon Salvatore. Damon grabbed the boy by his shoulders, turning him to look into his blue eyes.

"What happened? Calmly." He compelled the boy. The people around him watched, everyone knew of vampires that was in there, so there was no worries.

"My friend and I went into this old crypt. This woman appeared from no where asking for the date and then attacked him." Damon glanced over to the family in the corner, counting them to see if it was one of them. But they were all accounted for. They noticed him looking at them as each of them either rolled their eyes, glared or huffed at him. He turned his attention back to the boy.

"What did she look like?"

"She had fangs- like a vampire, brown hair. And-And-" The boy took a breath, "Yellow eyes."

At this all eyes went to one man in the bar. NiKlaus Mikaelson.