Chapter XIX: St. Augustine

A ringing noise startled me awake, my arms tightening around Elijah as I open my eyes and glance around. Slowly spotting the glowing phone on the nightstand that was alerting me to a call. I went to reach for it when Elijah pulled me back to him, growling slightly.

"Elijah, I need to answer that. It could be important." I whispered to him, pressing a sweet kiss to his lips. A sigh left his lips after I pulled back, reaching over and grabbing the phone to answer. "Hello?" I answered, still unsure how these contraptions worked.

"I found him." I heard Bonnie speak through the other end. I saw Elijah sit up as he heard what she said, looking to me for my reaction.

"Fern? You found Fern?" I asked, still a bit groggy from being woken up this way. Elijah leaned over and placed a kiss to my temple, standing up to get dressed.

"Yes. If he is alive, then there's this place called Augustine. Damon mentioned something about being held captive there. He knows where it is." I stood up as I listened to her talk, grabbing one of Elijah's button up shirts and pulling it on quickly.

"Where is Damon now?" I asked, Elijah eyeing me, knowing what I was planning already. But I didn't stick around, after buttoning the shirt up, I left his room to my room to get underwear and pants. I felt Elijah following me out.

"He's at the boarding house. When I mentioned him going there with you, he refused." Bonnie admitted. I sighed. I couldn't blame the vampire. He was held captive. But I knew how to lure him to go with me anyway.

"I'll take care of it. Thank you so much Bonnie. You don't know how much this means to me." I told her, sincerely.

"You are here to stay, might as well try to be friends." I heard her laugh out. "Besides, you can keep your vampires tamed." I could almost hear her eye roll. I let out a laugh as well.

"Talk to you soon, BonBon." I muttered, hanging up the device.

"You aren't going with Damon alone." Elijah stated, appearing behind me as I slide some lace up boots on. I turned to look at him, pulling my hair back into a bun.

"Elijah, I can take care of myself just fine." I told him calmly. He shook his head.

"No. You're a tribrid. They might capture you to experiment on an elf for a change. Not happening. Kol and I will come with you." At the mention of his name, Kol popped his head from around the door frame. A mischievous grin painted across his face.

"Finally some fun!" He exclaimed. I rolled my eyes.

"Fine. But I'm not leaving without my nephew." I told them both sternly. They both nodded and with that we left the manor, heading to the boarding house.

-

"No." Damon said as I just walked right into his house. I rolled my eyes at him as Kol and Elijah walked in behind me.

"Yes." I told him sternly. He narrowed his eyes at me, telling me to basically try him. "You get to torture and/or mane whoever you like." I told him. He went to decline but thought about it. A smirk moving across his lips.

"Fine." He huffed. "I think you know me better than my own brother sometimes." He mumbled. I just grinned at him.

"Nah, you're just a lot more like Kol than you'd like to admit." I teased, earning a protest from both Damon and Kol. Whereas Elijah just chuckled. "Don't fight it." I told them both, before walking out to Elijah's car. After that day of not taking his car, he has been giving me private driving lessons. Thank god we are both very hard to kill. In other words, I still cannot drive. But it's all good since I can run really fast. Damon got into the driver seat after a lot of arguing with Elijah. I hated siding with Damon, but he was the one who knew where to go. Kol sat in the backseat with me, his hand rubbing down my thigh suggestively.

"No hanky-panky in the backseat you two." Damon said, glaring into the rear view mirror. I laughed at him.

"No need to be jealous, Damon." I spoke softly, placing my hand on his shoulder and earning two growls. I raised my hand in surrender. "Jeez- I was only kidding." I muttered, sitting back in my seat as I saw Damon wink at me playfully making me laugh and Kol growl again.

With that, we were off to save Fern.