Chapter XXX: New Year

It had been a year since Hilda Alfson had gone missing. Elijah and Finn spent days following small signs of her. News reports of mass murders, slaughters, straight up frenzy's. Leading all over America. All led to dead ends.

Kol had gone to find a group of witches to help track her down, in New Orleans he had met a coven that was trying to escape the clutches of Marcel, Klaus's old son figure. Kol had vowed to help them if they helped him in return.

Klaus had taken up traveling. He was currently in Machu Pichu, finding extended family of Hilda's that Danial and Lacy had no clue about. He had recently heard a rumor of someone that could help him and he was hoping they might be the answer to switching her humanity back on.

Danial and Rebekah were camping out in Mystic Falls. Hoping she'll come back to her home. They knew she wouldn't or at least the chances were slim. But they held Hope and that was all that mattered.

The Misfit posse, as Hilda calls them, went back to their normal lives without her.

Matt ended up going into the Police Academy, learning to save people no matter who they were. He thought Hilda would be proud of that. Hell, she probably would be if she still cared.

Elena was currently dating Damon. Even though Hilda had told Damon that Elena was not the one for him. But she wasn't there anymore to call him out for his stupidity.

Stefan had left Mystic Falls, he had decided to go and help Kol with the Witches in New Orleans. But everyone knew he had actually left to get away from the Delena drama. He was still in love with her and seeing his brother with her hurt.

Bonnie and Enzo ended up staying at the lake house quite a bit. The bond was completed and Enzo was enjoying whatever time he would get with his mate. He refused to make her Vampire and she didn't want that anyway. Focusing her time on finding a way to either live a longer time or make Enzo human again. Both seemed pretty far out of reach.

Alaric had taken up protecting the town more. no one had realize he had started to consider Hilda like a sister to him. So her being gone had hit him harder than expected. He had isolated himself from Damon and the others, hunting down supernatural creatures that had threatened Mystic Falls.

Caroline was at a standpoint. Her best friends were all off doing their own thing, living their best lives. While she was here with no guy to cling to and no friends to party with. She had actually reached out to Klaus to help him in finding Hilda's family, saying she might be of some help. He did accept, but made sure to let her know it was a simple friendship between them. She was okay with that since she had feelings for Stefan raising up.

Tyler stayed back, glad to be free of the sire bond and not have to worry about Klaus finding out. He hung around Matt more and held more parties at his mansion.

Jeremy didn't have anything change really. He was in his senior year of high school and currently had a new girlfriend, Abby. She was nice, although no one really knew her or liked her other than Jeremy. She always seemed to be pushing him to do things. Which was odd. Especially in Mystic Falls.

This is where we are in the New Year. But you were probably are wondering where Hilda is now. Well, you'll just have to wait and see.

New Role Call-