Chapter XXI: Fe

"What are you?" The blonde man asked me again. I glared at him as he poked the syringe into my arm, I only watched as he did. He kept trying to use Vervain and Wolfsbane on me. The amount of times he was disappointed for nothing to happen was almost amusing to me. "I've seen your yellow eyes, that was a full does of undiluted Wolfsbane.." He stated, confused. "That should have left you screaming like the other one." He declared. My body jerked at him at this.

"WHERE IS HE?!" I snapped, my teeth extending and snapping at him like a vicious rabid animal.

"So that's why you are here? For 65008? What is he to you?" He questioned. I glared at him. This man was going to die a long and painful death. If he wasn't human, I would have already killed him. But my power didn't work on humans. A side affect of elf's. They may be powerful, but it was said they were put here to protect humans. Ridiculous theory, since I despise humans greatly. Magical creatures were altogether superior. I snapped from my thoughts as I saw someone come in, also in a lab coat. The woman leaned close to the blonde man and whispered to him.  "Is that so?" He turned to look at me with a smirk.

"What?!" I growled at him. This just made him raise his eyebrows at me.

"Seems we have found your weakness." He admitted, producing a new syringe filled with some kind of metal like substance. "Have to admit, this is an odd weakness. Makes me wonder what you are. But I suppose it won't matter long." He spoke, bringing the syringe to my wrist, slowly injecting this new liquid into me. It started off cold, like ice going into my veins. My brows knitted together at this strange feeling. I watched as the grey like color filled my veins and spread down to my hand and stretched across the back of my hand. Thats when the pain began. A scorching pain causing my fingers to lock into some claw like motion. A scream erupting through my throat at the pain. Jerking around and trying to get my hand free to try and comfort the pain in some way. Like an injured wolf wanting to lick its wound so to speak.

"Interesting reaction." I heard him speak, barely even able to acknowledge the fact he was taking notes. "Subject 69598 has shown a severe reaction to the substance Fe." He spoke into a small black device. He glanced up at me with a smirk.  "Also known as Liquid Iron." He added. "This makes me question further what this creature is. It has proven to show signs of being a Werewolf and possibly a Vampire. But Blood has Iron in it, so I ask myself, why does that not affect said creature?" He spoke into the device. I need to get out of here.

-

3rd POV Outside of Whitmore House-

Elijah hissed as he felt a discomfort in his hand. Lifting it up to examine it, he saw nothing wrong with it. What the-

"What the hell is happening?!" Klaus growled as he appeared in front of the car. Elijah got out of the car along with Kol and Damon. Kol was looking at his hand, confused. Finn appeared shortly after Klaus with some others. Matt, Bonnie, Elena, Stefan, Alaric, Jeremy and Tyler Lockwood. Klaus held his hand, confused, as did Finn.

"You don't think.." Finn questioned, bringing his gaze to look towards Whitmore House. The others looked to the house, fear washing over them.

"Get. HER. OUT!" Klaus growled, snapping at the witch, hunters, wolf and the scrawny human.

"Calm down. We need a plan." Bonnie told him, this caused Klaus to charge at her, only to be held back by Elijah.

"Brother, she is right. Hilda went in there alone and with no plan. We can't make the same mistake." He tried to reason with Klaus. Finn came to stand with his brothers, Rebekah showing up shortly after, having a few weapons to give to the group. Kol tilted his head, glancing to the witch and her friends.

"You have until sunset to get our mate out alive. If you don't..." Kol sped to stand behind Elena, his arm around her throat threatening. "The Doppleganger dies." He declared. Before anyone could move, Kol disappeared with Elena in his arms. Everyone stood around for a moment, shocked and afraid.

"Well, you heard our brother." Finn spoke up. "Might want to start making your little plan." He urged, looking to where the sun was currently lowering. It was nearly 5pm. The sun set at 7:30pm. The gang had about two and half hours. Hopefully that was long enough. For Elena's sake.