Chapter XVII: The Ring

Everything was quiet for a while. I had drinks with Damon every once in a while, which was nice since we had become good friends. Of course my mates did not care for the fact that I had become close to as Kol said the enemy. After formally meetin Alaric, I quickly became friends with him as well. He joined Damon and I often to drinks and gossip. I called them my gossip girls, which Caroline and Rebekah introduced me to. It was nice having friends to talk to other than my mates.

Klaus and Kol were the jealous types, once we had completed our bonds they were always around. I didn't mind, but this did mean I had to sneak out often. Finn was like the mother hen of our group. He made sure I had human food often and that I slept.

Elijah spent his time helping me track down my blood relatives. The most recent thing he had found was that my brother's great great grandkid was living a few towns over. We had plans to reach out to them, together. I could feel Elijah was jealous that he was the only one I hadn't completed the bond with yet. He hid it well though.

I did my best helping Caroline and Rebekah plan the decades dance at their school. The decade was the 1920s. I didn't live through that decade of course so I mostly just helped with putting things where I was told. The dance was a day away and the girls decided to include Rebekah and I in finding dresses. Rebekah had one from the actual 1920s, so she mostly went to keep an eye on me for my mates. Elena, Bonnie and Caroline were happy though since Elijah had given me his credit card and told me to have fun. I offered to buy their outfits for them as a peace offering.

I talked them into going out to the town next to ours to shop at this antique shop I had found. I had called ahead for a ensemble I had spotted on the website that Klaus helped me figure out. A green chiffon dress with a matching cape that had a fur collar had held my attention.

"I didn't even know this place existed!" Caroline exclaimed as we entered the shop

"I didn't even know this place existed!" Caroline exclaimed as we entered the shop. There were many things laying around, things from the 20s, 30s and 40s. Some even older. "This is amazing." She gushed, spotting a dress in the corner, a pretty red dress. Elena walked off to find a white dress on the other side of the store. Bonnie sighed and followed after Elena. Rebekah stayed with me as we walked around.

"Admit it, Beks. You don't totally hate hanging out with the gang of misfits." I told her as my eyes glanced over the many things that decorated the store. Rebekah rolled her eyes.

"Never." She laughed. Keeping her hands and arms away from me, giving me a pointed look. "And don't you try your elfy voodoo on me." She demanded with a glare. I laughed at her as we walked around. So far not spotting the owner of the establishment.

"Don't worry, Beks. I'll keep my elfy voodoo to myself." I told her, my gaze falling on something in a glass case. A gasp leaving my lips as I stared down at the ring. Sharp edges encasing a piece of a moonstone in the center, teardrop stones embedding the edges to circle the moonstone.

 Sharp edges encasing a piece of a moonstone in the center, teardrop stones embedding the edges to circle the moonstone