Chapter LVII: Don't Take the Girl

Elijah was the one driving the car, we were far from a hospital so we headed straight to the hotel. Kol was behind me in the backseat, my legs propped up on Finn who was trying to sooth me, but the veins moving under his eyes as blood poured from between my legs just made the pain worse. Kol was holding my hand tightly, trying to calm not only me, but himself down as well. I let out a loud scream as another pain jolted through me, sitting up slightly to try and ease it. Freya was in the passenger seat, trying to perform the spell to slow the labor along.

"It's not working.." Freya whispered after her fifth attempt at chanting the spell. She was turned around in her seat, staring at Kol as panic set in both of them.

"What's not working?!?" Kol rushed out, he had no idea what his sister was trying to do. I squeezed his hand tightly, bringing his attention to me.

"It's too soon for our baby to come out... Klaus's baby is starting labor too early for them- both." I breathed through some of the pain, gritting my teeth as I watched Kol's face drop. "Freya was trying to slow it down.." Kol nodded, biting back the tears that were threatening to pool over his eyes. "Kol-" He shook his head.

"No- It's okay. You just stay strong, okay?" He told me, as I jerked forward again, the lightening bolt of pain starting now, the feeling of something pushing through me. A scream erupting through my lips as I tried to fight Kol from holding me against him. Finn lifted my dress up, looking at what was happening.

"Freya..." He whispered as he gazed between my legs.

"Finn, what is it??" Freya asked.

"Theres a foot." Finn answered, his eyes looking up to me then Kol and then Freya.

"That's not good... is it?" I questioned. Freya didn't answer, Elijah pulling over on the side of the forest, Freya quickly getting out of the car. Finn moved out of her way as she got in with me, assessing the situation.

"Finn, get me the dagger from the trunk, there's hand sanitizer back there too. Douse it." Freya started as she proceeded to rip my dress apart, she looked up at me, her eyes holding such sorrow. "Hilda- I'm sorry. This is going to hurt- A lot." She moved her gaze to Kol. "She's breached. From the few things I learned from being a midwife a few times. I need to preform an emergency C-section. Do you understand?" She asked, bringing her eyes back to me. I let out a pained whimper, scared for me and my children. "Hilda. Do you understand?" She asked me again. I nodded as Finn came back with the cleaned and sanitized dagger. Elijah had started the car back up, they were going to race to the nearest hospital.

"Wh-where's Klaus?" I asked, my whimper alerting my mates. Finn moves the passenger seat down, getting back into the car and closing the door behind him, turning in his seat to hold my other hand. "I-I want Klaus. Pl-please."

"He will be here, little elf. Just breath, they are right behind us." Finn said calmly as Freya poured some sanitizer over my stomach and her hands. The cold causing my stomach to cripple in pain. Tears brimming and flooding out of my eyes. Kol wrapped his arms around my chest, holding one of my arms to it to restrain me. Elijah had pulled out his phone as he called Klaus, and had started to drive again.

"I want my dad.." I whispered out, tears streaming out of my eyes as Freya swallowed hard before bringing the dagger down, carefully slicing my lower stomach open. A scream erupting through my lips at the pain burning through me. My body jerking, trying to stop her.

"HOLD HER DOWN!" Freya yelled as Kol gripped me tighter as Finn moved to the back some, hovering and holding my other hand down. I couldn't even focus on Elijah while he spoke to Klaus. I let out another ear piecing scream as Freya used the dagger to cut further into my stomach, before handing Finn the dagger to hold in his free hand. I jerked, or tried to as Freya pushed her hands into my stomach, stretching it open to move things around. Scream after scream leaving my lips.