Chapter XLI: Blood

After leaving the bedroom with Elijah, I saw Finn was cooking in the kitchen already. Kol was in the living room with Jeremy and Tyler playing video games. Klaus was busy with Freya, trying to track down Ricki for me. Hayley was sitting with Rebekah on the couch, watching the boys game and goof around. I made my way over to Klaus and Freya, Danial bringing more books over.

"Anything?" I asked watching them flip through books.

"I could always use your blood to do a locator spell. He's still your brother, it should work." Freya told me. I nodded, grabbing a knife that was near her, assuming she had planned to ask me anyway, and sliced my hand open. The moment my blood started to ooze out, 4 vampires were on me like a flea on a dog. All of their eyes dark and fangs out.

"Why does yo-your blood smell so-" Finn started

"Appetizing." Klaus finished. I glanced around at my mates, a bit alarmed. I noticed Rebekah and the two hybrids also had the veins under their eyes as they stared at my hand. Danial came up next to me, grabbing my hand and making my mates growl at him.

"Easy-" He muttered, helping some of the blood go into a small glass for Freya before pulling me away from my mates who were eyeing me still. Elijah seemed the most calm of the four, but still was fighting the vampire in him. "Since you're more Elf now, your blood became more- tempting." Danial explained.

"So now my mates want to rip my head off?" I asked, fully alarmed now. Elijah moved to me, biting his wrist and making me drink from him. For some reason my hand didn't heal without his blood. My wolf should have healed me.

"I do not want to rip your head off, Astin." Elijah clarified. "I just want to drink your blood like it was a fine wine." He added, with a tilt of the head and brow lift. I heard Jeremy snort at this.

"Why didn't I heal?" I asked, accepting a damp hand towel from Jeremy.

"Elves don't heal like the supernatural." Danial told me like it was the most common of knowledge. I gave him a confused pointed look.

"I'm a wolf." I said in a duh tone.

"You died. Your wolf is not active right now." My eyes widened at this. Danial rubbed his face, taking a breath. "You didn't notice? You're not as fast, not as strong..."

"Oh my god- I'm basically human." I muttered, running my hands through my hair.

"Well- No." Danial said. Klaus and Kol flashed over to me.

"It's okay. We'll protect you." Kol puffed his chest out to prove to being my knight in shining armor.

"Um- No." I turned him down. Klaus came up behind me and shoved his nose into my neck.

"You don't smell human, love." He whispered, his tongue darting out and licking my neck. "You smell intoxicating." He whispered. I shivered at the feeling of Klaus being up against me.

"Well she's not human. She's nearly completely an Elf." Danial tried again. Backing away from me some when Klaus growled at him for being too close. "Uh- Anyway, once you've been in the moonlight again, you'll feel stronger. Remember what I told you. And the full moon is in a few days."

"What's the full moon have to do with her? She's not an active wolf." Tyler snipped up. Klaus glared at him and growled. Tyler's eyes widened as he went back to gaming with Jeremy.

"The full moon is the most magical. Elves are almost completely different people under the full moon." Danial moved to take a book from near Freya, who was doing the locator spell as we speak. He brought the book over to show a sketch. Two sketches were on the pages, one of women dancing and holding hands with one another. The next one was a large of group of people dancing under the full moon.

"So what Damon said-" Klaus snarled at the name of another male coming from my lips

"So what Damon said-" Klaus snarled at the name of another male coming from my lips. I pushed him away some, only for him to pull him close to him.

"Is she going to transform or something? Do we need to prepare for the Full moon?" Finn questioned as he came back from the kitchen with a plate full of eggs, toast and ham. My stomach growled as he handed it to me with a smile. Danial snorted as I started to scarf down the food.

"Well-" He started, gesturing to me. I looked up from the food, confused.

"What?" I questioned, not understanding. I heard Klaus move away from my neck some, and snort before pushing back against me.

"Your plate is empty, love." Klaus mumbled against me. I felt blood rush to my cheeks causing him to growl, gnawing his teeth against my skin and nicking me some. His tongue cleaning up the small drop of blood that welcomed him.

"She'll be hungrier leading up to the Full moon. Usually started a few days before. Your blood will some what sing to Vampires-"

"I'm sorry- WHAT?!" I exclaimed as Finn took my plate to the kitchen, hopefully to get me more food. I was starving. "My blood sings?"

"Yeah, its more effective to your soulmates, but others will want to drink from you. As Elijah has put kindly, like a fine wine." I let out a huff.

"I've lived through a Full moon before, why is this changing now?" I asked him. It was true, since I had been awake, I had been under the full quite a few times. Not to mention before Esther ruined my life.

"Well you were more Vampire before. And back then you activated your Wolf at a young age- at least thats what the books say about you. How did you-" He stopped his question once he saw my eyes, tears. I knew what he was asking. "Never mind." He finished.

"Sorry to interrupt- But I found him" Freya spoke up. Thank you Freya for the interruption.