Babysitting

Five days later

It was Saturday and I was in my room vibing when I got a text Kaname.

Hey, I was wondering if you were free today?
           Yeah why?
Great can you come to this **********
address?
                                 Ok but what are we doing?

You'll find out tomorrow
Ok

The next day

I went to the address Kaname told me to. I knocked on the door and it opened. It revealed Kaname holding a baby boy in one arm with the baby's head hanging down on the other side and I heard some screaming in the background. "Ummm so why am I here," "I need you help babysitting these two," "Ok," "Please come in," he beckoned. I walked in and the place was a mess. "Oh my goodness what happened in here? World war 3?," I asked in disbelief. "Maybe," he looked away shyly. "They haven't had breakfast yet," "That's fine just leave it to me," I reassured him. I made my way to the kitchen and it looked even worse than the living room. Flour was everywhere, egg shells all over the counter, bowls with batter that was not edible, the fridge was wide, the milk was out, the cupboards were open and that wasn't even half of it.

I got some fresh ingredients out of the the other mini fridge and got to work. I made some pancakes and set it out on the table. "Come over I have pancakes," I shouted to the children. They squealed and came running. "That was quick," "Do you want some?," "Yes please that would be nice," "Ok," I brung another plate with some more pancakes and set the toppings over the table as well. I scurried back into the kitchen and cleaned everything up while eating a pancake. I finished and now I had to clean the dishes. I heard footsteps behind me. "I can do them," I turned around. "It's ok I'm nearly done," "Let me do something you've been running around the kitchen all morning," "Ok fine ,"

I left him alone and went out to the living room. The babies were watching TV so I took my chance to clean up the mess in the living room. Kaname came out and looked surprised. "You could've done that later you're going to overwork yourself if you do too much," "I'm fine, it's time to make lunch why don't you play with them while I go cook," "Ok,"

I made spaghetti bolognaise and this time since the kitchen was already cleaned up I could sit down and eat with them. After lunch, we changed the babies and went out for a walk.

The orange leaves were scattered over the park and there was a faint smell of rain from last night. We sat down on a bench and gave them some snacks to eat. An old lady walked over. "Are they both yours they're really cute and what a lovely couple you are,"she smiled. "Thanks but they're not mine and he's not my husband I'm not married or dating anyone," "Aw you both look like you were a match made in heaven though," she chuckled and walked away. I blushed and tried to hide my face. "Why don't we head home then honey," my face was even redder now. "Huh?," "We're a couple remember it's only natural for me to call you that," I hit him playfully in the arm and started walking. 

We changed the babies into fresh clothes and I played with them. They were so cute I just wanted to squish their cheeks. Time passed by fast as it was time to make dinner now. Dinner was easy because it was dino nuggets and chips. There were no normal chicken nuggets so I put fish in the oven instead.

We finished dinner and we were sitting in the living room. All was going well until a tantrum broke out and now both of them were crying. It was getting louder and it was nonstop. Kaname started panicking and done all sorts of things to stop them crying but it didn't work and made it worse. I went into the kitchen and poured some milk into a pot and let it sit on low heat. I prepared some cookies on a tray and went to check on the milk, I poured it into two small glasses and took it to the living room along with the cookies. They started eating the cookies and after they finished they drank their milk. "Good thinking," "Thanks," We took them to their bedroom and set them down. I read them a story and they fell sound asleep.

I went back out to the living and sat on the couch, tired. Kaname sat down beside me his head back looking up to the ceiling. There were no words needed we were both tired and needed some rest we sat there for a bit and Kaname fell asleep I lay him down gently putting a cushion under his head, I took a blanket and put it on top of him. I may have just been hallucinating due to tiredness but I saw him smiling at me. It was cute.