Chapter 4

September 1 8:00

It was a bright, chilly morning as the residents of Potter Manor stepped into the floo, four of the seven will not make the return trip until December; it was September 1 and Hailey, Heather, Harry and Neville were going to Hogwarts.

"Why do we have to leave Scotland, to go to London, to get a train back to Scotland?" Harry asked

"Seems pretty stupid to me." Neville added

"It says in the Hogwarts Charter, every student has to go on the Express at least once in their Hogwarts career, even the new students from Hogsmeade, go on the Express, and they would just have to walk up a small hill." Hailey explained, going into 'lecture mode' as the others dubbed it, she didn't care either way.

"Right, lets go then, James off you go." Lily said, James walked over to the floo shouted 'Platform nine and three quarters' loud enough that the children could hear the floo address and in a flash of green fire, he was gone.

"Luke, you next" Lily said, smiling, "Your dad will catch you if you stumble, you shouldn't though, remember, you have been flooing successfully since you were five. Off you go sweety."

"Still worried" Lucas said before following his dad through the floo system.

"Ok, Neville, you next." Lily said, Neville went out the same way, "Harry." Harry left, "Heather" Heather went "Now Hailey, I'll go first you give me ten seconds to move before you come through, ok?" Hailey nodded 'Platform nine and three quarters' she said and left the house.

"1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10...and one for luck...11!" Hailey said aloud, in her best Uncle Sev voice (which was scarily accurate) before following her mother through the floo. What she found on the other side was not what she expected, her entire family was on the floor... "What on earth happened!" She yelled, confused, her entire family had been flooing and staying on their feet since she, Heather, Harry and Neville were three!

"We didn't leave enough time between arrivals." Lily said as Hailey dusted invisible ash from her clothes.

"Right... I don't believe you. But we had best get a compartment before everyone else shows up and takes them, we need one big enough for all our stuff, our pets, our friends and any new friends we make." She said, gesturing to the great scarlet steam engine behind her.

"Yeah, we'll be back!" Heather yelled as the quadruplet ran toward the train, luggage and pets in tow (Hailey had a black and white female dog named Aurora, Heather had her brown and white twin brother Griff, Harry had a female white snowy owl called Hedwig and Neville had a male tawny owl named Apollo).

They found a big enough compartment and put their luggage in there, shut the door and let the owls out their cages. After telling them to stay there, they left the compartment. Heading back to their parents they found them talking to the Malfoys,Greengrasses, Zabinis, Parkinsons, Notts, Crabbes and the Goyles. The children having their own discussion about 5 meters away, they where happy to note they were including Lucas and Daphne's sister Astoria, who was also eight years old. Walking over they joined the conversation.

"Hey, guys!" Harry started

"How are you?" Heather continued, after they answered in the positive, she looked to Hailey;

"What you talking about?" She ended

"Quidditch." everyone said in unison. Causing giggles to erupt from the group. Until their parents called them, then everyone but the two eight year olds put on the 'perfect pureblood' masks they spent eleven years perfecting, before walking over.

"Yes, mother, father." They answered in the pureblood manner, seeing there were other families starting to arrive.

"We must be going, so goodbye, our son, see you at Christmas." Narcissa said and hugged Draco with Lucius. Before disapparating.

"Us too, sorry Daphne, Wizagamot business." The Greengrasses said before apparating away with Astoria.

"Us too. Remember what we always say." The other parents said before disapparating, leaving Hailey, Heather, Harry, Neville, Draco, Daphne, Blaise, Pansy, Theo, Vincent and Gregory to see themselves off.

"Don't trust anything with the surname Dumbledore." They muttered

After putting on a mask of neutrality, Hailey said; "We have a compartment, why don't we go find it?" after a moment of silence.

"Sure." Draco said, putting a mask of boredom on his face, soon followed by the others.

Upon arriving at the compartment the others stopped and stared at the two sleeping dogs on the seat.

"How did you get to bring Aurora and Griff to Hogwarts?" Daphne asked

"Uncle Sev, Uncle Fil, Aunt Minnie and Aunt Mona." Hailey replied, digging through her trunk, before taking out a book on Potions and starting to read while scratching behind Aurora's ears

"Professors Snape, Flitwick, McGonagall and Sprout?" Daphne asked, Heather nodded "They are your godparents?"

"Yeah. Uncle Fil and Aunt Mona are Hailey's godparents, Uncle Sev is my godfather and Aunt Minnie is Harry's godmother." Heather replied before taking out her wizarding chess set and challenging Harry, who accepted despite being terrible at chess, well, against his siblings at least.

"Nev?" Daphne asked, he looked up from his Herbology book "Who are your godparents?"

"James and Lily Potter. My birth parents were torchered to insanity in the war, Mum and Dad, took me in and adopted me. That's why I'm Neville Longbottom-Potter. My birth parents where Frank and Alice Longbottom, we visit them at St Mungos every year at Christmas." He replied before going back to his book. Leaving an awkward silence before Draco challenged Daphne to exploding snap as Heather and Harry's game came to a close (Heather won; again) and the last two Potters got out books on Defence Against the Dark Arts (Harry) and Charms (Heather) before sinking into a comfortable silence, only coming out when the sweet trolley came and when they changed into their robes (The boys were kicked into another compartment so the girls could change). Soon they were pulling to a stop at Hogsmeade Station. They got off the train and followed a large man ("Definitely Half-Giant." Hailey whispered to the rest of the group, who nodded) to a flock of boats.

Once everyone was in the man yelled "FORWARD!" and the group started over the deep, dark lake of which they couldn't see the bottom in the darkness of the evening. Upon arriving at the castle they were greeted by none other than...

"AUNT MINNIE!" The quadruplets yelled as they ran to hug their surrogate godmother (All the godparents were godparents to their godchild and the rest of the Potter children) and Harrys actual godmother as everyone else laughed as 'The Strict Minerva McGonagall' was tackled by four eleven-year-olds.

She looked at the laughing children "If you tell anyone of this, you will be out on your behind before you can say 'Sorting'. Got it?" Everyone stopped laughing and nodded, she looked at the still-laughing Hagrid "That goes for you too." and he shut up, he left as he was scared she would go through with her threat. Once he was gone she looked at the four children on top of her "Hailey, Heather, Harry, Neville, could you let go of me now?" They gave her one last squeeze before letting go.

"Sorry Aunt Minnie, we just haven't seen you in forever." Hailey said, innocently before she and her siblings melted back into the crowd of first-years

Minerva rolled her eyes "You saw me yesterday. And what did we agree on while at school?"

"Sorry Professor Minnie."

She nodded "Now," She dusted herself off "Welcome to Hogwarts, The sorting ceremony will begin shortly. But, before you take your seat in the Great Hall you must be sorted into your houses, they are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Now, while you are here, your house will be like your family. You will have classes with your house, sleep in your house dormitory and spend any free time, in your house common room. While you are here your triumphs will earn you points; any rule breaking and you will lose points. The house with the most points at the end of the year will win the honour of holding the House cup. Now, follow me."