Chapter 10

September 5 7:45

The morning of September 5 dawned bright and early, and four confused children stumbled into their common room.

"Have you guys got new beds in your rooms?" Neville asked as they sat down

"Yeah! You too?" Heather yelled

"Yeah!" Harry yelled "New trunks too, with someone else's House Hogwarts uniform on top and their initials on the side!"

"What colours?" Hailey asked quietly

The boys looked at each other before replying in unison "Two red and a green." Hailey nodded and motioned Heather to tell the boys the new colours in their room

"Two yellow and a green."
"Ok," Hailey said "So by looking at the colours alone, we have two new Hufflepuff members, Two new Gryffindor members and Two new Slytherin members. What initials?"

"D.M, F.W and G.W" Harry answered

"Ours are D.G, H.A and S.B" Heather explained

"I think I know who our new housemates are..." Hailey started but before she could continue the portrait door opened and in stepped their head of house, Professor Vector (Professor Tima) followed by six shapes in their nightclothes.

"Draco, Daphne, Gred, Forge, Susan, Hannah! What are you doing here?" The three of the four original-House-Hogwartians yelled and ran to hug their friends while Hailey did a happy dance in the background, she guessed right.

"Isn't it obvious guys, they were resorted into House Hogwarts, that's why their trunks are in our rooms and new beds have been summoned," Hailey explained before turning to the new members, "Daph, Susan, Han, our rooms are down that corridor," She gestured to a well-lit hallway to her right "Dray, Fred, George, you rooms are down there." She gestured to a similar corridor to her left "Your trunks are by your beds with your new uniform on top, the beds are decorated in house colours, so, for example, my bed is blue while Heather's is green, there are wards up so you cant touch anyone else's stuff, so don't try." The new students nodded and went to get changed, Hailey turned to Professor Tima "Are they going to stay with their classes or switch to ours... or some of ours."

Professor Tima chuckled "Some of yours, Fred and George are already in their chosen third year classes and the others will be joining them." They nodded and she turned and left, musing on how Hailey would make a good Head Girl when the time came, she would bring it up at the next staff meeting in, she checked her watch, Crap 15 minutes, she ran as she tried to make it to the second-floor staff room from the seventh-floor Hogwarts Common Room in time.

Back in the common room the freshly-dressed students where admiring their new uniform, Hailey was right, the new uniform did have the Prominent House Colours on them. They looked up when Hailey began to speak once more,

"Congratulations, you are among some of the elite of Hogwarts, we are brave like lions, cunning like snakes, kind like badgers and quick-minded like ravens," She paused for the applause "This means that our fellow eleven year olds are now fellow third-years, Gred, Forge, they are taking the same electives you are so help them out will you?" They nodded

"What classes are we taking?" Draco asked, the rest of the new-third-years nodded, Fred answered

"CoMC, Divination and Arithmancy, along with the core subjects." The others nodded, they could live with that. The rest of the day was spent introducing the new students to House Hogwarts and playing games like Wizards Chess and Exploding Snap. Soon after, the tired children went to bed, tomorrow promising big things. No-one asked why Hailey didn't See the event beforehand.