Chapter 30

July 23 12:30

The last day of term was upon them and their tests were completed, trunks were packed and everyone was saying their last goodbyes. Neville, Hailey, Heather and Harry were part of the newly-formed The Marauders alongside James, Sirius, Remus, Lily, Marlene, Frank, Severus and (to everyone's ire but Lily's) Peter. Lily had found out about Remus's 'Furry Little Problem' in February and everyone else had found out in March when they had stumbled almost drunkenly into the hospital wing after the full moon. Nev, Hails, Har and Heather had revealed themselves as Animagi with multiple forms (James and Sirius had called them Multimagi) and next year they would teach the others how to do it so they could help during full moons. Hailey had even been anonymously sending Remus the Wolfsbane, whether he drank it or not, she didn't know.

Everyone was on the way back to their homes for the summer now and everyone was discussing what animals they thought they would be, Hailey took out her ever-present parchment and quill and wrote down what everyone thought:

Sirius: Dog (Hailey), Griffin (James), Seagull (Lily)(When asked why she only replied he eats everything and is a pain in the backside and left it at that), Bear (Sirius)

Peter: Rat (Hailey), Snake (Peter)

Marlene: Kingfisher (Heather), Eagle (Marlene), Snow Leopard (Hailey)

James: Stag (Hailey), Bull Frog (Lily), Pegasus (Sirius), An Idiot (Severus)

Lily: Doe (Harry), Cheetah (Hailey), Unicorn (James)

Frank: Horse (Frank), Jaguar (Hailey)

Severus: Snake (Sirius), Komodo Dragon (Hailey), An absolute dickhead (James)

Everyone bet ten galleons they were right, they spent the rest of the trip reading or playing games. Soon they were pulling into King's Cross, Hailey, Harry, Heather and Neville had invited everyone to Peverell Castle for the last two weeks of summer, Peter declined (They did a mental happy dance) but everyone else agreed, they said their goodbyes and went through the floo back to the castle.