Chapter 38

December 19 9:00

It was the day before the winter holidays and the Rider children were called into Dumbledores Office. After going through multiple sweet types to get the password (Liquorice Wands) they passed the gargoyle and entered the office.

"Hello, Hello, Hello and Hello! Now, before we begin." The wise old goat started "Would anyone like a lemon drop?"

"No Thank you Headmaster." They responded We don't want your drugged drops they added in their minds.

"Now! I asked you in here because I found a way to get you back to your own time." They looked at each other, conflicted, they were exited to be going home but they would miss their friends (and crushes) in this time. "Alas! As it is so very complex you have until the end of the summer." They looked rather relieved at that they could say goodbye.

"Is that all, sir?" Albus nodded and the four students rose from their chairs and strode out of the office.

Back in the common room, they decided to tell their friends about them. They called the New Marauders into the boys' dorm (No-one noticed Peter's absence) and explained everything. Excluding how their crushes were their godparents; they didn't need it to be that weird. Everyone's reactions were pretty relaxed. They just nodded and they settled to play truth or dare once more.

"Heather, Truth or Dare?" Sirius asked

"Truth" She replied and took a dose of the truth potion.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Heather looked to the floor, beat-red.

"Yes" She whispered and span onto Severus, "Sev, Truth or Dare?"

"Dare."

"Send an Owl to your crush, telling them how you feel." She said and he was transfigured into a tomato before standing and got a piece of parchment, a quill and an ink pot before quilling his letter. He gave it to his owl, and spun the bottle. It landed on Regulus. Sirius' brother had joined only this year.

"Truth or Dare?"

"Truth"

"Reg... If you had to date one person in this room, who would it be."

"Harry..." Came the whispered response and spun the bottle. It landed on Hailey.

"Truth or Dare."

"...Dare"

"I-If your crush is in this room. Go up to them and kiss them." Hailey smirked before standing and walking towards Remus. He froze. She leant down and kissed the werewolf right on the lips. It took a moment, long enough for her to start worrying, but the lips under hers started to respond to her actions. His arms went around her waist as hers went around his neck, pulling her closer. The kiss was only interrupted because Harry coughed. Stupid brother. Hailey got up, walked over to her space and spun the bottle. It landed on Remus.

"Truth or Dare Remi?"

"Truth." He replied and Hailey smiled.

"Do you like me?" She asked

"Y-Yes, o-of course I-I d-do." He stuttered and spun the bottle not really paying attention. Eventually he tore his gaze from Hailey's soft smile and asked Harry, who the bottle had landed on.

"Truth or Dare?"

"Dare."

"Kiss your crush." He said simply before turning his attention to other, more important things. Like counting how many freckles Hailey had...

Meanwhile, Harry had stood from his space in the circle walked to the other side and started kissing Regulus. When they had to break for air, he asked Reg a very important question.

"Reg... Do you want to be my boyfriend?" He asked and Regulus just nodded. Harry chuckled and lightly kissed him again before moving back to his side of the circle. He spun the bottle, it landed on Neville.

"Nev, Truth or Dare?"

"Dare."

"I dare you to tell us who your crush is."

"Severus..." Neville muttered, bummed it probably wasn't him who was getting that owl tomorrow morning. They played for another thirty minutes (James kissing Lily, Alice kissing Frank and Remus taking his top off, Hailey swore there was no drool – there was) before Sev and Reg left before curfew. When they left the Gryffindors packed everything away and headed up to bed. Tomorrow someone was having a major surprise.

December 20 7:30

Everyone in the group was up early, ready to know Sev's crush, only Neville was surprised when he received Sev's confession.