Chapter 7

September 2 11:20

Break commenced with no further incident and soon our four main characters were on their way to Charms with Professor Fil, The Ravenclaws and The Hufflepuffs.

Unfortunately for the first-years charms was a theory lesson. Fortunately for the soon-to-be-third-years Professor Fil gave them some practical work to complete and then they were allowed to just read at the back of class, something that made their Ravenclaw classmates insanely jealous. Before they knew it the bell was ringing and they were heading out into the grounds for the last lesson of the day, Herbology.

The lesson went on like the others, the three Potters and Longbottom-Potter finished the task first, finished the extra work Professor Mona set them and then just spent the rest of the class reading at the back.

Before long, the bell was rung and dinner was underway. The four House Hogwarts members were joined by their Slytherin friends and a Hufflepuff girl called Susan Bones, niece to Amelia Bones. They unamously decided she would be an asset and allowed her and her friend Hannah Abbott to stay during Lunch. All the while ignoring the stares they were receiving.

Once Lunch was over the group went out to the lake and relaxed under a willow tree by the lake, writing letters to their parents, only going in for half an hour for dinner, until they had to go in, in order to make curfew at nine, the letters to be posted tomorrow.

As the first year House Hogwarts members collapsed into their beds they were thinking the same thing. I don't think this will be so bad after all.