Chapter 28

December 20 7:30

The children had flourished in the new timeline, with no children-who-lived title or Weasels trying to get them to get a resort (They only tolerated Percy because he was a prefect, Fred and George were their friends and they had never met the older two, William and Charles? They despised Mother and Father Weasel and wouldn't be sad if Bastard Weasel and Whore Weasel miraculously died) sure they had a few questions to answer like how they knew all the course-work already if they were muggle-born as their name suggested and why do they look so much like James and Lily and why Neville looked like Frank and not at all like the other three, all of these questions were masterfully avoided but they knew they had to come clean eventually. Especially after the October full moon when two lions and two lionesses joined a werewolf for some night-time fun.

It was now December and all of the Gryffindor first years and Severus were staying at Hogwarts over the break, Sev didn't want to go, neither did Heather, Hailey, Harry or Neville, Lily didn't want to see her sister, Sirius was banned from contacting his family, Peter's mother was sick and couldn't care for him, Marlene's family was in hiding, James and Frank decided to cancel their plans to stay with and comfort their friends.

They woke on Christmas day, or, to those that celebrate it, Yule (personally the Former-Potters celebrate both, Christmas with their friends and family during the day and Yule during the night. Their parents don't know they do, they found a book on the original holidays in their library) to a huge pile of presents, they levitated their stacks down into the common room and began their unwrapping ritual, unwrapping one present at a time until they had finished, leaving their siblings gifts until last. This year Hailey started then Heather, Harry and finally Neville. From the boys they each received a box of Honey dukes sweets and chocolate per male (Sirius added three bottles of Butterbeer each, they didn't want to know where he got it), From Lily the boys got a mood ring each while the girls got mood necklaces in crescent moon shapes which opened to reveal a form of locket of which they kept the mood to colour list in which read:

Silver–excitement, glee, happiness

Gold–romantic love

Bronze-Proud

Red–anger, annoyance, pain

Pink–fondness

Orange–exhaustion

Yellow–sexual love, attraction

Green–envy

Blue–contentment, calm

Indigo–sorrow, remorse

Violet–protectiveness

Brown–sickness, disgust

Navy-sleeping, resting

Black–fear/terror, anguish

From Marlene they each got a leather jacket and a denim jacket. Now all they had to do was their presents from one another, Hailey got Heather a new hairbrush (Her old one broke) and a golden snake ring that wrapped around the finger, she got Neville a new cactus-like plant and a sleeping badger broach in the same gold as Heather's ring, for Harry she got a similar broach of a prowling lion and a new wizards chess set. Before it was Heather's gift's turn to be unwrapped she took a golden ring out of her pocket and slipped it onto her finger before showing the others, it was an eagle in flight. Heather got Hailey a pair of book earrings and the matching chocker, She got Neville all the stuff to take care of his new plant and a mandrake ear-ring, she bought Harry a new wizards chess board and a queen-side castle ear-ring. She took a pair of firework ear-rings out of her pocket. Harry, not nearly as into sentimentality as the girls, bought each of his siblings a new pair of robes, Hailey's were navy blue with bronze accents, Heather's were forest green with silver lining and Neville's were black with golden lining, he brought himself a similar set as to Neville's only with blood-red edging. Neville, being Neville, brought everyone a plant, even himself. Needless to say, they liked their gifts and went to get dressed for breakfast. They all wore their new clothes and accessories. Hailey added bronze heels, Heather added silver ones and the boys both added black loafers.

At 10:30 they started their Yule ritual and finally collapsed into their beds at midnight, it had been a good day.