Chapter 8

September 3 7:30

The so-close-to-being-third-years were ecstatic. They had just woken up on the day they get their time-turners, it was half seven in the morning and they couldn't sit still nevertheless do anything to pass the time other than run around the school. So they did. Using their dad's, Uncle Padfoot's and Uncle Moony's old map of the school they avoided the teachers and found many things, like the kitchens and the quidditch pitch. The most prominent discovery being 'The Come-and-Go Room' or 'The Room of Requirement' that was across from the tapestry of some crazy wizard teaching what looked like trolls to dance? On the seventh floor. If you paced (or ran) past the blank piece of wall and thought of what you needed it will show you a room full of what you need (Hailey was hungry and was trying to get the others to hurry up to go to the kitchens and it made a staircase down). After an hour of testing the room they noticed the time and raced down to the Hall else they miss breakfast.

While at breakfast, Professor Vector paid them a visit and let them know to meet in her office after breakfast before walking out the hall. The four children shovelled food into their mouths and ran out the hall, not sparing a glance to the two new adults sat in the Ancient Runes and Astronomy seats at the Head Table.

In Professor Vector's office the atmosphere was suffocating, the quadruplets were being presented their time turners. The light caught the golden surface of the items and playfully bounced away leaving a subtle sparkle atop the time machines. They were briefed on the dos and don'ts (which they knew anyway) before they took them off the Professor's desk and put them round their necks, thanked the Professor and walked out of her office, new timetable in hand, they start school properly tomorrow.

"Hey," Hailey said drawing her siblings' attention "We should come up with nicknames for the other teachers too, I mean we have Professor Sev, Professor Mona, Professor Minnie and Professor Fil."

"I got a list of teacher's names from a pair of twins, third year Gryffindor I think, said they were Gred and Forge, I guess that's Fred and George." Harry continued

"We should start with Professor Vector." Heather said, the others nodded "Her name?" She asked Harry

"Septima"

"Professor Tima" Neville said and Harry made a note beside her name

"Next Professor... Evans?" Harry said with a note of confusion "Professor Lily Evans, teacher of Ancient Runes"

"Mum's a teacher!" Heather exclaimed, Hailey grabbed the paper from Harry

"Holy Mother of Merlin! Not only Mum, Dad teaches Astronomy!" She yelled "Maybe that's why mum's under Evans to differentiate between Mum and Dad. Well at least their nicknames are easy, Professor Mum and Professor Dad! Hey! Wonder if they brought Luke too!"

"To their quarters!" Heather yelled and the group ran to the door of the Astronomy teacher's rooms and knocked. The door was opened by...

"MUM!" They yelled and knocked her down in a bundle soon joined by a small weight on top of them yelling.

"Hailey! Heather! Harry! Neville!" Lucas yelled

"BUNDLE!" They heard James and Sirius yell before they were squished between two adults (Lily and Remus) and James and Sirius.

Soon Hailey saw that their mum had gone blue from the lack of oxygen and, with her elemental powers swept all of them off her, hitting James and Sirius on the ceiling for good measure.

Once she had enough oxygen in her body, Lily got up, bringing Hailey with her, and went to sit in one of the armchairs by the fire as Hailey let the others down (Read dropped them).

The rest of the day passed with the group spending the day with their family, Hedwig and Apollo even came down from the owlery and Aurora and Griff came through the Sirius-designed doggy door for cuddles. The four official-eleven-year-old-third-years explained all about their time turners and their uses. They stayed until after curfew so, after goodbyes and goodnights and making sure the owls were back in the owlery and the dogs were following, James walked them back to their common room where they said their goodnights and collapsed into their beds, a smile on their faces.