Chapter 24

August 2 9:30

The room was just as they remembered it, stuff littering the walls, old headteachers pretending to sleep so they can eavesdrop on you, Fawkes's perch standing behind the desk and to the right, a twinkle-eyed headmaster trying to legitimise you, it really hadn't changed.

Shocked that he - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Order of Merlin 1st class, Supreme Mugwimp of the International Confrontation of Wizards, High Wizard of the Wizagamot, Defeater of Grindlewald – couldn't get through these children's shields he decided to ask a few questions. "Who are you?" burst out of his mouth before he could stop it, he mentally slapped himself multiple times, sure they won't answer when he tried to legitimise them. The answer shocked him.

"Well, I'm Hailey Potter these are my blood siblings Harry Potter and Heather Potter and our adopted brother Neville Longbottom-Potter." Hailey replied, indicating each sibling as she said their name, they waved.

"And we are from the future." Harry finished earning his siblings ire, "What? I thought we were here to try get his help back to our time!"

"What year are you from?" Dumbledore asked, calmly despite believing there is no way back

"1991" They replied in unison

"18 years..." Dumbledore muttered now sure the four children would have to stay "Well, I can see no way to send you back," He paused as their faces fell "but" their faces once again held hope "If you told me your ages you could continue your classes here, in this time."

"That's a tough one sir, we are eleven but we are third years, we have been trained since birth."

If Dumbledore was shocked earlier, he was stupefied now. Eleven year old third years! Why he had never heard of such a thing.

"Who was Headmaster of Hogwarts?" he asked

The four children shared a look "You were sir?" Hailey said slowly, phrasing it as a question.

"Oh." Dumbledore said on one hand he was happy his headmastership would continue for up to eighteen years but was weirded out his one hundred and fifty year old self would be so... stupid all he said was, "You would need new surnames of course."

"Of course" Was the simultaneous reply they turned around, put up silencing charms and decided on a surname.

Five minutes had passed since the charms were put up and the children had finally decided on a surname. They dismantled the bubble turned back around and started speaking:

"We have a name." They said in unison

"Well, I wanted Rider." Harry said

"I asked for Wood." Heather added

"I asked for Adams." Neville muttered

"I asked for Peverell." Hailey continued

"Alright, and which did you pick?" Dumbledore asked

"Rider." They replied in synchrony

"Alright you are now enrolled as Hailey, Heather, Harry and Neville Rider. Do you have a place to stay until school starts?" Dumbledore asked, they nodded, they were staying in Peverell Castle thanks to Hailey, "Money?" Once again they nodded "Well then! See you in September!"

"See you in September sir." They replied and left the office.

This is going to be one heck of a year Dumbledore thought as he popped a lemon drop in his mouth.