First Date

Welcome! Heads up I feel like this will be cringey and my writing is bad but for my sake I need more books on my babies!
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
3rd person narration/pov

Jake was drowning in a sea of anxiety. He was going on a date with the Devon Evans! The most amazing guy to ever be created! The best looking guy to ever be created! The sweetest guy to ever be created! And he could not believe that Devon for some reason said "yes" to going on this date with him.

He was currently pacing the floor of his room so fast that he was sure a hole was gonna appear when a voice interrupted him. "Can you fucking stop and give the floor a break?" Junior asked in a irritated tone, finishing his question off with a eye roll. Jake's response was a nervous shout of "Obviously I fucking can't!"

"Why'd you let me ask him out anyway, you're supposed to be trying to be a good cousin?" Jake yet again spoke. "I didn't let you do shit, I just kinda gave you the impression that you should ask out my best friend so he could shut up about how much he's attracted to you." Junior sassed back before getting up from his place of lounging on the bed and walking over to Jake.

Jake scoffed before facing the best friend of his crush. "Can you just be useful and help me?" Jake questions. Junior wordlessly responds by nodding and heading to Jake's closet to pick out an outfit for their date. He then asks "Where are you guys going anyway?" "We're grabbing ice cream downtown and I'm bringing a portfolio of some of my artwork to show him because he asked." "That's boring as shit." "Fuck off."

Junior then threw a white tank on Jake's head along with a forest-green heavyweight overshirt with a pair of random jeans. "There my job is done and you've once again proved you are a useless gay." Jake just flicked him off as he walked out. After junior closes the door, Jake gets dressed. When he finishes he hears his a familiar ding from his phone.

A text from Devon saying he's 5 minutes away and "can't wait to see you". Jake responds with a "see you in 5!" before continuing to freak out. Jake puts on his shoes before putting a few of his works in a portfolio for Devon (as stated earlier). Jake heads down the stairs and to the garage to get one of Junior's old bikes before cycling to the front of the house to wait for Devon.

After being outside for a few minutes his ears pick up the sound of a familiar voice yelling "hey!" He quickly picks up his head and catches sight of the boy he can't seem to think about without smiling. Jake approaches him with the feeling of heat rising from his neck to his cheeks. "Hey" he responds with a small shake of his head.

Devon spots the portfolio of Jake's work and smiles. "Awesome! I finally get to see your work" he says. Jake lets out a light breathy laugh and nods. "Yeah, but don't be disappointed when they don't live up to all of the hype you're giving them" Jake responds. Devon then suggests that they should get going and Jake agrees before they both hop on their bikes and ride to Carvel.

Along the way they talk about anything that comes to mind causing the awkwardness to eventually slip away into thin air.

When they get to Carvel they tie their bikes up and enter their destination. They decide to scope for a table before getting in line for their icy dessert. They choose a table in the back corner of the shop. When they sit down Devon suggest that he grabs the ice creams while Jake lays out some of his artwork. Jake begins to protest but Devon insists and Jake eventually agrees.

After Jake tells Devon which ice cream he wants he decides to do as Devon suggested and lay out some artwork. As Jake stares at his work he feels anxiety creeping up in the pit of his stomach yet again. What if Devon doesn't like them? What if his Dad was right and being an artist isn't a way to make a living. Oh God was he? Was his mom disappointed in him because he isn't as good as she was?

Devon's return and greeting interrupted his thoughts. "I'm sorry what?" Jake said. "I said did you miss me and here's your strawberry sundae" Devon repeated while handing Jake his ice cream. Devon himself ordered a Chocolate Peanut sundae (I was going to write pineapple and say something about them both being fruity🌚 but I'm respectful and won't call them out on their date).

"What's wrong? Do you want to leave? Did I do something wrong?" Devon questions anxiously. "What? No! You'd didn't do anything, I want to stay, I'm just nervous about showing you my work" Jake hurriedly admits. Yeah his heartbeat felt like it was shitting bricks and he was hella nervous but he didn't want his first date with Devon to end this quickly due to his anxiety.

Devon lets out a sigh of relief before moving to sit next to Jake. "Well I'm glad you want to stay & I didn't do anything wrong but you don't need to be nervous. I'm sure you're amazing which is why I asked you to show me." Devon consoles Jake.

Devon places a hand on Jake's knee and gives it a squeeze as more consolation to try and ease his anxiety. Jake feels heat rise to his face. To distract himself from the blush appearing on his face Jake begins showing Devon some of his works.

Devon complimented Jake on every piece he showed him. He always had at least something he liked about every one of them. When he finished showing him his works they started chatting while eating their ice cream. When they finished they left the shop and rode their bikes to Devon's house.

"I'd invite you in but my mom's home and she doesn't exactly like you" Devon says. Jake knows he's being honest but he doesn't know if he said that specific thing to strike up conversation again or because it's just him saying he'd prefer extending their date.

"It's fine I should check in with my uncle anyways" Jake replies. He also tops of his reply  with a smile to assure Devon it's truly alright. Devon nods in response. He the starts leaning towards Jake and kisses his cheek before entering his home. Jake holds his now blushing cheek with a goofy smile on his face before leaving.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
This is super rushed & I dislike it but I felt like posting this book. Anyways, yay a first chapter!!! I hope futures are better written than this.