Owning Hearts Is Risky

ᵈᵉᵛᵒⁿ ᵇʳᵒᵏᵉ ʲᵃᵏᵉ'ˢ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ. ʰᵉ ᵉᵛᵉⁿ ᵇʳᵒᵏᵉ ʰⁱˢ ᵒʷⁿ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵖʳᵒᶜᵉˢˢ. ᵇᵘᵗ ⁿᵒʷ ʲᵃᵏᵉ ʷᵃˢ ⁱⁿ ᵈᵃⁿᵍᵉʳ ᵃⁿᵈ ʰᵉ ᵈᵒᵉˢⁿ'ᵗ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵗᵒ ᵇᵉ ʰⁱˢ ᵇᵒʸᶠʳⁱᵉⁿᵈ ᵗᵒ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʰⁱˢ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ ʷᵒᵘˡᵈ ᶜᵒᵐᵖˡᵉᵗᵉˡʸ ˢʰᵃᵗᵗᵉʳ ⁱᶠ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ ʷᵉʳᵉ ᵗᵒ ʰᵃᵖᵖᵉⁿ ᵗᵒ ʰⁱᵐ. ʲᵃᵏᵉ'ˢ ˢᵃᶠᵉᵗʸ ⁿᵉᵉᵈˢ ᵗᵒ ᵇᵉ ⁱⁿˢᵘʳᵉᵈ ᵃⁿᵈ ʰᵉ ⁿᵉᵉᵈˢ ᵗᵒ ᶠⁱˣ ˢᵒᵐᵉ ᵐⁱˢᵗᵃᵏᵉˢ.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Lexy's pov

Jake and I were currently heading towards our school to finally get rid of Chucky. Andy would be here after getting Devon from Chucky's childhood home. As we approach the school I grab Jake's arm and stop his walking, causing him to look at me with confusion. "Promise me you'll be safe. Please? You're my best friend. No wait, that's Devon." I say. Jake cuts me off by asking me "seriously?" I give him a look of slight disappointment and confusion. "You're my brother Jake." I tell him.

Both of our expressions soften at my sentimental statement. "You're my family too Lexy. I'll do anything for you." He tells me. I smile before I start walking. When we're nearly at the door Jake runs into the school and locks the doors like an asshole. "What the fuck are you doing?" I ask.

"I told you, you're my sister and I'll do anything for you." He says. "Jake...open the damn door." I instruct him. He shakes his head. "I can't do that. I can't hurt anyone else. He only wants me now." He responds. I feel tears start to form in my eyes. "Jake please...open the door. You're not alone anymore." I plead. He shakes his head again. "I love you guys. It's my turn now....you gotta let me go." He disobeys. He then starts walking away from the door into the room next to him.

I look around in confusion before realizing. He's about to put the school building on lockdown. There's a button in our school building that locks every door in the building, locking people out and trapping people in. It also has lockdown safety shades that cover the main doors. I hear the alarm blare out and Jake come back to the door for a split second.

"I'm sorry." He says before the shades start coming down and he sprints down the hallway. His figure becoming distinct and disappearing as he runs. I begin to bang on the door begging him to stop what he's doing. Pleading with him to believe me when I say he doesn't have to do this alone. That I'm here for him. As the shades block my view my last image of Jake is him turning the corridor and shouting out for Chucky.

By now my tears are streaming down my face and my voice is wavering becoming broker by the second. I pound on the door like my life depends on me getting into the building because Jake's actually does. God fucking damn him.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Jake's pov

"CHUCKY!" I yell out. I look at my surroundings to search for him. I hear footsteps behind me and quickly turn around. There's a figure that's standing at the end of the hall. It's way to tall to be Chucky, maybe they're an innocent bystander. Either way they need to go. I stare at it before it begins turn to it's left and walk away. I quickly follow it. "You need to leave!" I yell at them. They make another turn to the right, their speed picking up. I in return speed up and repeat myself. "Hey! You! You need to get out of here!"