First Fight Part 2/3

Jealousy can't help but make cruel things crawl up & out the throat of our favorite true crime enthusiast. Negative emotions are causing one too many mistakes. Obliviousness can apparently drive any relationship to it's breaking point, especially when one half of the relationship is avoiding the other and the second half is getting cozy with people they shouldn't.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Disclaimer: THIS IS NOT PART 1! WATTPAD WON'T LET BE PUT THEM IN ORDER SO I HAD TO PUT THIS WARNING! THIS IS PART 2 OF 3!

Jake's pov

I was in my bathroom with my toothbrush in hand. I had just finished brushing my teeth and I was staring at myself in the mirror. To be exact, I was thinking about how school today may go. I was nervous no doubt. More specifically Devon.

We didn't talk all night, nor the next day, nor the following weekend. Today it was Monday and I was hoping that we would. It should have blown over now, that's what I'm counting on. We're going to be talking by the end of the day.

I set down my toothbrush and walk into my room to get dressed. I put on a short sleeve white collar shirt with a black semi baggy sweater on top, blue jeans that I cuff at the end, with black boots. I add my signature accessories such as my necklace, rings, and I add a white beanie with a black skull on the front. (Yeah that's from Google but I've literally seen Zack in a similar outfit.)

Once I'm finished I grab my bag from the side of my bag along with my phone from my dresser and go downstairs. I see my uncle on the phone in the living room, he seemed like he was upset so I head to the kitchen. I look for some breakfast and settle on eating waffles.

While I'm eating Junior comes into the kitchen and makes him a bowl of cereal. "Have you spoke to Devon? Like at all over the weekend?" I hesitantly ask him. "No, I texted him but he didn't respond. I figured you guys were busy making up" he tells me. "Fuck" I mumble under my breath. I stop eating and unlock my phone to text Lexy.

I ask her the same thing I asked Junior and she replies with "only when he asked about homework, he ignored the rest of my texts." I sigh and attempt to go back to eating. By the time Junior's dad tells us he's ready to drive us to school, half of my waffles are still sitting on my plate and my appetite has completely vanished.

I throw my waffles away and place my dishes in the dishwasher before grabbing my bag and heading outside towards the car. Once I get inside and into my seat I get on my phone and start texting Lexy and asking for relationship advice.
Just as I was replying to Lexy I got a text from a random number.

???:Hey Jake! Are you coming to school today, if so let's meet up at the entrance so we can walk in together!

Jake: umm who the fuck are you?

???: Oh it's me Bailey!

Jake:Oh, hey...how'd you get my number?🤨

Bailey: I asked someone from school. Well actually I had to ask multiple people before someone actually knew.

Jake:Oh okay, I can't meet up with you today. I have to look for Devon.

Bailey: who is that?

Jake: the boy you met last week...who I left with??