Let's Run A Film

We deserve Kim, Devon, and Jake's movie night and that's what I plan on getting/giving so bathe in denial with me and refuse Kim's death until episode 6 is taken off the air because they need to throw the whole episode away due to my amount of tears spent.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Devon and Jake have been spending almost every second of every day in the hospital visiting Devon's mom for the past 2 weeks. She not only just survived a near death experience but also knows about Chucky and has been weirdly helpful about it. She also knows about how deep Devon's feelings for Jake are due to a beautiful moment she shared with her son and she's been so kind with Jake. Today is the day she gets discharged and she plans on fulfilling a promise she made to herself involving her new favorite couple.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Devon's pov

"Jake honey can you pass me my jacket" are the first words I hear when I return to my mom's room from the restroom. "Sure no problem" is Jake's response and I see him hand my mother her jacket as I walk through the doorframe. I see my mom give Jake a smile and I can't help but copy the action. "Oh hey sweetie you're back!" My mom addresses me after she catches sight of me.

She starts walking towards me and I see Jake help her. My smile widens and I let out a small laugh. "What's funny?" Jake asks. "I just wouldn't have ever thought you two would be getting along. It's nice." I answer. My mom makes her way in front of me and gives me a kiss on the cheek before saying she was going to head to the car and wait for us there. I tell her and she walks out taking her time due to her recent injuries.

I turn my face towards Jake and he's already looking at me. "Thank you for being here." I tell him, walking closer to him. He looks down and gently places me left hand into his right one. He then responds with "No problem, plus she's here because of me. I'm sorry."

"Don't blame yourself, I wanted to get involved in your Chucky situation and she was trying to check up on me so technically it's my fault." I state. "It's definitely not your fault." He tells me, shaking his head getting closer to me when he says definitely. I smile at this before getting yet another step closer to him. I look into his eyes before looking at his lips and placing my free hand on his face and closing the space between us. I feel Jake kiss me back and place his free hand on my neck.

When we pull apart we share a laugh the same way we did when we kissed the first time on our bikes. We're still getting used to our relationship. "Hey do you want to come over?" I ask. "I mean yeah but don't you guys want to spend some time alone after what happened? I don't want to intrude." He responds.

"It's cool, I'm sure my mom won't mind." I tell him. He nods and we walk out of the room after grabbing our own jackets. Our hands are still latched onto one another when we exit the hospital and towards my mom's car. When we reach the car door of the backseat I open the door for Jake before he can do it himself. I give him a smirk as my way of telling him "I beat you"and he laughs before telling me thank you and tapping his hip against mine right before getting inside. I close the door and go into the passenger seat to sit next to my mom.

"Do you mind if Jake comes with us?" I ask my mom after buckling my seat belt. "Of course not. I was actually going to suggest the idea myself." My mom says with a knowing smirk. I give her a look of question before saying thanks. She then hands me the aux cord to play some music and I offer it to Jake who declines before playing my own music. "This artist is so gay Devon." Jake taunts me.

"You are literally my boyfriend and the person who recommended them to me." I say back to him, my face turning to look at his. "That makes it even gayer" Jake shrugs. "Yeah I take back my invitation, we're dropping you off to your own house." I remark playfully before crossing my arms and shifting my head to look out my window. "Is this how all kids act or just you two?" My mom asks. We look at each other before shrugging in response.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Kim's pov