f͟a͟m͟i͟ly͟ m͟a͟t͟t͟e͟r͟s͟

The Wheeler cousins deserve better and I will make it better. In this the break up with Jake and Devon didn't happen the way it did (you'll see) and Jake takes Lexy's place in the season finale scene.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Not Jevon centric (sorry) also not canon compliant cuz I've changed some things also the song is a random song I got introduced to through Spotify and I don't hate it so why not💁🏽‍♀️
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Junior's pov

"We...got...the beat." I slurred out as I sat on the ground next to my dad's corpse, finishing the song constantly playing in my head. Chucky had left, said he had things to do. I didn't pay much attention to him, I just continued to try and ignore the situation in front of me.

I ran my right hand through my hair as I turned my head away from my father. Heavy pants were still exiting my mouth as I heard a voice call my name. I snap my head in the voice's direction and come face to face with Jake, horror and confusion plastered on his face. I let out a light gasp, my body suddenly stiff and my head now empty. "Junior..." he says in a shallow breath, as if he were saying a haunted name forbidden to be spoken and scared of the outcome. I don't reply...I can't.

"Are you...what- h-how? Is he? Did you? I..." he stumbles over his words before going silent, eyes traveling towards my father's corpse beside me. I make no effort to talk nor move from my slumped position on the ground. I feel as if there are bee stings in my throat and my tongue's swollen, articulating any product of sound now rendered impossible for me.

Jake begins to do something I didn't expect..he began to get closer. His hands were in front of him, as if he were either surrendering or trying not to provoke me. "What happened...tell me the truth...you can trust me with the truth." He says gently. I shake my head slowly, I begin moving my mouth but my words were inaudible. Instead Jake nods his head in understanding and crouches down in front of me.

"Junior...did you do this?" He asks, motioning his head towards my dad. The air is still, neither of us speak before slowly, hesitantly I nod and tears flow down my eyes without me trying to stop them...i'm not strong enough and i'm exhausted. Jake stares at me before wrapping his arms around me and allowing me to finally let my guard down. The last time I was hugged was by my mother before I watched her bloody lifeless corpse shatter against the window-shield of the car I was waiting inside, before I snapped.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Jake's pov

I had put everyone above my family ever since Chucky came into my life. I brought Chucky into Junior's home and Chucky helped me ruin their lives and them all together. I excluded Junior from the Chucky situation. I had almost stabbed him when he was jogging. I made Junior's dad snap at him and harshly grab him at dinner. I let Chucky call out Bree at the talent show. I made Junior's life turn upside down when I randomly moved into his house and stole his best friend and girlfriend for my own friends and that made him snap. It wasn't anyone's fault but mine and I was going to fix it.

This time I was putting Junior first...the consequences and pain be damned.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••